29. Graduation Day

Ch. 29: Graduation Day

I had no idea how long I had been asleep in that tub, but it had to have been a while. However, at what point I had fallen asleep, I don't know. I got up and could see my hands and feet and my skin were wrinkly and prune like. I was lucky enough I did not drown in the water as I slept. I guess that time I spent in my actual form, had tired me out more than I would have ever imagined. Although as I looked in the mirror, I couldn't help but laugh at my reflection. You'd think, well what could be so funny as to make her laugh after going through what she did with her family? Well, the answer is simple. See as a vampire, or partial vampire, I could not age. So, seeing my skin in the state that it was in, was quite hilarious. I pictured that this is somewhat what I would have looked like, if I had been allowed to age, like any normal mortal.

Unfortunately, that humor died down. I quickly changed as well as I could, given that I was still drowsy and tired, and then went to my room to check the time. I had guessed that I was asleep for about an hour, give or take a couple of minutes. After that I quickly made way back outside. I'd unfortunately have to walk all the way back to Port Angels, instead of going over to Emily's. I could just hear Jacob now, whining, complaining and scolding me. Yet, it was necessary that I go back. What explanation would I have for arriving by foot and Jacob's car nowhere to be seen? I could always lie, no surprise there, and say that it had been stolen, but I didn't have the heart. That car was Jacob's pride and joy, he had told me so himself. He had built it with his own two hands and worked on it constantly. So, no other choice.

I stepped outside and felt a small wind. It was beginning to get late, and so I'd have to hurry. I just snuggled closer into my jacket and began the long walk to Port Angels. I had been quite busy during the walk, mostly getting rid of traitorous tears that slid down my cheeks. I had been too preoccupied by my thoughts, which all consisted of my family, to notice that someone had wrapped their arms around my waist. I saw brown hair, and it took me a while to register the words this person spoke. It was Bella. She was apologizing over and over, but for what, I wasn't sure. I had enough of this.

"What, Bella?" I asked pulling her away. I was in no way here to listen to anything at the moment. I was still angry and as for talking to anyone with any particular relation to Edward. NO THANK YOU! Her eyes were bright red from crying and she had emotions of regret and sorrow consuming her. I fixed my harsh tone and corrected myself. "What's wrong Bella?"

"I'm...s...sorry! I...I told him! I...I know you must h...hate m...me!" she wailed. I looked around. No Edward? And I was in Forks too!

"Bella.... Bella...*sigh*" I couldn't get her to stop the waterworks. I gripped onto her shoulders, again. "Bella!" she stopped. "It's. O. K." I told her, slowly. "It's not your fault. I, I did this to myself. It doesn't matter anyways. I'm sure Edward is trying to figure out how to get to Jacob to tell him the truth. It doesn't matter." I wasn't surprised I wasn't there blubbering now. I took in a deep breath, to prevent myself from bursting into tears.

"Oh Violet! I'm sorry." she hugged me now. I couldn't do this. "Maybe...maybe he won't say anything, I mean..."

"No Bella. He will. You didn't see his face, his reactions. I can already see his future. Nothing. Which means that he's with the wolves or something, because his future is blank. He's going to tell him soon." I told her. It was the truth. No matter how I tried to look at this, Edward's future vanished, and that was the only reason why that would be. I knew he would confront the wolves soon, for one reason or another. So why wouldn't Edward grasp this opportunity to expose me to them?

"Well, why are y-you o-out here?" she asked, removing the remainder of her tears, clean from her face.

"I...actually, maybe you could help me, Bella." she looked at me, confused. "First off, where's Edward?"