ch.38: Aloha, Hello...Not Aloha, Goodbye

Ch. 38: Aloha Hello Not Aloha Goodbye!

*Violet's POV*(three weeks later)

"So, when do you two go back home?" asked Rebecca as she brushed Abigaila's, her daughter, hair. It was so long and dark, matching her mother's and Native father's. She looked a lot like her dad though, just had Rebecca's nose and lips.

"Soon, Becca. Don't worry. We'll be out of your hair. Besides! Why do you care?! We're staying at a hotel!" Jacob shouted at his sister. She glared and I smacked him. Rebecca's young son, Hie, was fast asleep. I loved their names. I honestly thought that the children would have something more on their mother's origins, not their father's. Abigaila, which sounded a lot like Abigail, meant father's joy. She was; Rebecca's husband was very fond of his family and cared deeply for his wife and children. Of course, then there's little Hie, which means attractive and noble. He's a cute little thing that looks just like Billy. He has all of Billy's facial features and I can't help but smile because, so does Jacob.

"Mommy, I don't want Uncle Jacob and Aunt Violet to leave." I smiled at the little girl as she pouted. Jacob stood up and bent down to sweep her up.

"Aww! Come on Abby! I'll come visit again! Or better yet." Jacob looked over at Rebecca. "Maybe your cheap mother could fly in so you can come play in the snow." I smiled at Jacob; he didn't like it here. It was much too hot for him and he was enjoying himself, but not the heat. He hated the heat.

"Really?! Snow?!" Jacob nodded and began to play with her, making her 'fly' around Rebecca's small home.

"Well Violet, I'd say Jacob's ready for kids of his own." I knew she was joking, but I still turned bright pink, my hands that had been folded on my stomach were moved to my sides. "Oh, I'm just kidding, honey! You're both so young!" she had placed her hand over my own, laughing it off. Jacob scoffed and placed down Abigaila. Hie started to cry, he probably had a nightmare. Rebecca, worriedly went upstairs to the little two-year-old. "Hey, Jake, do you guys' mind dropping Abby off at her school on your way to the B-E-A-C-H?" she had to spell it out so little Abigaila wouldn't want to ditch school to come with her uncle and "auntie".

"Yeah, come on Abby." she gave him her hand.

"Uncle Jacob, what's a B-E-A-C-H?" she was only five and didn't know quite yet how to read. Jacob laughed and changed the subject, picking her up on his head.

"I'll be gone afterwards, you two! I have to go run some errands for Kahoku." Kahoku was her husband although for those, like Jacob and Rebecca's family, who couldn't pronounce it, he went by James, his middle name. Her husband owned some small family restaurant and he was a great cook, I even learned a few Hawaiian dishes to try with Emily. We said okay, and left. After dropping Abby off at school, Jacob and I went for a stroll around the markets to buy souvenirs for the others. We already had a bunch, but still. That, and Jacob was hungry. After eating a well-cooked meal, we headed to the beach.

"So, you enjoying your stay?" I turned to look at Jacob and I just nodded, a smile on my lips. He leaned in to kiss them, our hands locking together. We got our belonging from the back of Rebecca's car and walked over to some changing rooms to get ready for the water. We split ways temporarily. I never was one to really reveal my body, but there was just this cute two-piece bathing suit that I fell in love with. It was a dark green with white, black, grey, brown and black paw prints all over it. I knew Jacob would get a kick out of it. I placed it on and put my white beach dress over it, a flimsy little piece of cloth that went just over my knees. I grabbed my glasses and my towel and put on my sandals before heading to look for Jacob.

"Gotcha!" I squealed in delight when I felt Jacob's hot arms on me. "Haha, umm...what's with the dress." he chuckled and I pouted. We got to a good spot and I extended our towels on the warm sand as Jacob set up an umbrella. I took off my dress and bent down to go through my bag for my sun block. Jacob wolf whistled and I felt my cheeks burn up. He laughed and took the bottle from me. I smiled, remembering the last time he did this. Although, it had turned badly for us at first and not to mention the fact that Leah nearly tried to rip through me. I smiled when I felt his warm hands on my skin. My shoulders. My arms. My back. I heard someone whistle and looked to the side to see a boy with blonde hair and blue eyes grinning at me.