ch. 34: Do You Love Me?

Ch. 34: Do You Love Me?

*Third Person's POV*

The air was stiff between the two males as they glared at each other. The hybrid getting in between the two when they began to vocalize their discontent. The two boys tried to bump chests, but Violette wouldn't even let them close enough to touch. They were making a scene; some people began to stop and look. If she didn't get them to calm down or at least leave, she feared a crowd might form. She pushed at them to see if she could move them, but to no avail. Violet looked at Alice, silently pleading for help, but she looked away.

"Guys, calm down." she told them, using some of her strength to knock them off balance as they stepped back.

"Violette, get in the car." Edward spoke calmly now, having noticed the crowd too. However, Jacob had trouble controlling his temper. Jacob pulled Violette closer to his form, and Edward restrained himself from hissing.

"She's not going anywhere with you, Cullen." he spat the word out. Edward gave out a dry laugh.

"Do you hear yourself? She's a Cullen, too, and don't you forget it." He turned to his sister now, addressing her. "One more time, Violette. Get in the car." she didn't budge from Jacob's side. She figured he wouldn't make a scene as long as there were humans around. Edward reached for her arm and pulled her to him. "Get in the car or you'll regret it." he spoke. 'I'll tell him, you know I will.' he thought to her. She stiffened and Jacob didn't like that. Thinking that the vampire had hurt his imprint, he began to shake. The smaller of the group taking that as her queue to finally interfere.

"I suggest, we take this conversation elsewhere, boys." Alice led them farther away, behind stores and closer to the trees. If need be, they'd need them to hide any spectacle the two testosterone filled boys might make.

"There was no need for this Alice, we're leaving." Edward began to tug at Violette's arm now as he turned to leave. She wouldn't have it. Violette tugged at her own arm, setting herself free of his iron grip.

"I'm not going." she spoke in a deadly tone. 'I'm not the only one who's in love with someone they shouldn't be. Don't make me do it, but just like you'd do anything to stay with Bella, so would I. Don't make me threaten your love the way you've been doing mine.' she spoke, telepathically. Edward hissed at her. "Now...I'm going to leave with Jacob, and you're not going to do a thing about it." she harshly spoke back at him.

"Now you listen here..." Edward stepped forward and she saw it all in her head, a vision, Alice was seeing it herself. In a matter of seconds Edward would yank her painfully hard by the arm and Jacob would approach him, then shift. In a matter of seconds Violette moved out of Edward's reach and just as her eyes had foreseen, Jacob stepped up too. His shaking uncontrollable. Edward, had had enough and growled, pushing at Jacob. Jacob's nostril's flared and a growl erupted from his throat as he got ready to strike. Violette and Alice knew what was to come next, and Violette was desperate at that point. She ran at Jacob, with incredible speed. She threw her arms around his waist and closed her eyes tight. Jacob's breathing was heavy now, most likely from almost shifting and all the built-up anger. Violet was too scared to open her eyes, even after she heard Jacob gasp.

"Vie.... Violet...what happened? How'd we....I mean..." Jacob's ranting confused her and she slowly opened her eyes. She was in a car. Better yet, they were in Jacob's garage, in his car. Violette's eyes grew wide with shock, unbelievable shock. She'd never known herself to transport other people or things for that matter. She knew Gen could, to a certain extent, but not her. She looked at Jacob and desperately searched his body, making sure everything was in order. She had just never tried transportation while in this human state. The only time she had was when she accidentally transported herself away from Edward, much like today. Now, even as a vampire, transporting others was hard, so to do it so easily as a human was surprising.