Regret

Ch 9: Regret*start*

*Edward's POV*(After Violette leaves w/ Gen)

We all stared wide eyed at the spot the two previously vacated. My anger started to die down and Emmett and Jasper let me go. Why was I being restrained? Was I really about to attack her out of rage? I looked around as the others glared at me while Carlisle and Esme looked disappointed. Alice's face was blank. She looked panicked. I could see she was getting a head ache and looked like she was focusing very hard. I was suddenly thrown back by Rosalie, narrowly missing the piano.

"You idiot! So much for not replacing her, right?!" I looked down as I picked myself up. "Tell me, for someone that thinks about her safety so much, were you really going to ATTACK her?! To HURT FAMILY, over a HUMAN?!" I hissed back at her. Emmett stepped in front of her, but she maneuvered around his hold. "No. No let him. It wouldn't be the first time he tried to hurt one of his own!" she said with venom dripping out of her voice. I looked to Alice who was now sobbing. I couldn't read her mind well. It was a jumbled mess, most likely caused from the headache I felt from her. All I saw was black and the occasional name would pop up...Violette.

"Alice, what's wrong? It's ok..." Jasper tried to soothe her but she just went back to her state. I now understood, when she tried to force another vision. I ran to her as did the others.

"Alice?! Where's my sister?"

"Oh, now you care, huh?" Emmett nudged Rose to shut up and wait for Alice.

"I don't know! I can't see her future." her face went blank again for a second, but all I saw was black. "What if she's going to do something stupid? She CAN actually die while human! Or if a vampire bites her then," she suddenly gasped. "Victoria..." she whispered. All our eyes widened. "She's still out there we have to find her. NOW! Geneveve must have left her somewhere because when I look at her future, I see her in Paris. We need to hurry if it's not already too late." They all quickly ran to the woods. Esme waited at the door. I was worried over Bella also though. Victoria IS after her.

"Go find Bella, Edward. We'll see if we can find her...GO!" With that I ran to the car as she was out of sight.

*Bella's POV*

"See aren't you glad you got on the bike?" asked Jacob as we made our way back to the treaty line. I had gone back to get my truck and I parked it there. I laughed, smiling and nodding. I DID have a good time. I would have to thank Violette later on. It was getting dark and I was getting cold. I shivered. Jacob instantly put his arm over my shoulder bringing me to his chest. I felt a little awkward, but I was too warm at the moment to care. When I got near the car, I noticed Edward's Volvo heading this way. I was confused.

"Edward?" I asked out loud. Jake stiffened and glared ahead.

"You called him?" He asked in a stern voice. I shook my head, no.

"My friend must have told him where I was....." He grunted in response.

"So, she ratted you out?" He scoffed.

"No, actually if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have come in the first place. She's a Cullen...she's really sweet..." Jake snorted and was about to comment when Edward stepped out of the car.

"Bella!" He shouted as I ran to him and he hugged me. I could hear Jake growl. "Please tell me she's with you?" Huh? "My sister, Bella...Alice couldn't see her so we thought she was with you...She also said something about Victoria so they're all out looking for her." I was scared now. Although I didn't understand...Violette shouldn't be in danger...Victoria never met her.

"What happened leech, can't keep track of the blonde?" snickered Jake. Edward growled. I heard Edward mumble for me to get in the car. I nodded.

"It's not her, mutt..." I could barely make out what they were saying.