Ch.31: Newborn 101

Ch.31: Newborn 101

*Vie's POV*

Jacob was quiet the whole time, but then again, the wolf boy couldn't speak. His thoughts were clear as well though, and that's what worried me. I had full access to the other's thoughts as well, since Jacob's mind was connected to the other wolves. All of their thoughts were filled with questions about the newborns, the fight, the practice sessions, and most importantly, me. I was the main topic amongst them. Some were wondering what my vampire qualities were, others about the possibilities of what I could be, who my family really was and any combination of those. It sucked.

Jacob stopped a little ways from the house. He whimpered and did his best to nudge me and I got the picture. He lowered himself and all that was left to do was to slide off. Although I was careful that the dress did not go up. This reminded me even more of my time when woman would have to ride side saddle, it was very difficult and not to mention a lot more painful. I let the heels of my shoes dig into the earth as I watched Jacob run off. Five minutes later he stepped out into view and walked towards me, or so I thought.

He walked to the edge of the forest and waited for me there. He wouldn't look at me when I caught up to him, he just continued to stare at the house. I was even too scared to read his thoughts, I also figured he'd want those to stay private, and so I'd keep it that way. I didn't want to know just how biter he felt towards me, if he did at all. He just took in a big breath and continued to walk towards the red home. Once we reached the patio, he opened the door and held it open for me. I stepped into the warm home and I heard the screen door slam shut before he closed the wooden door. I jumped a little. He just kept walking up the stairs and went directly into his room, ignoring Billy's calls.

"What's with him?" I looked at Billy and just sighed, shaking my head.

I too headed into my room. I quickly took of the shoes and the dress, putting it back in its bag before hanging it up in the closet. I got out some warm pj's since I figured me and Jacob wouldn't be sleeping together tonight. I could feel a bit of the mascara running from a few stray tears and I went into the restroom to wash all the makeup off. I locked the restroom door and turned on the water. The warm water felt nice on my skin since my whole face was numb from how quick Jacob was in his wolf form. I looked in the mirror and I looked like a train wreck. Mascara running down my cheeks, the blush smeared and my face was sticky from the lip gloss. I got rid of it all and just splashed my face with hot water one more time to calm myself. My face was now a little red and I dried it off before heading over to my room.

"Jacob?" I called to him who was sitting on my bed, looking at the ground. He didn't even answer, and I was tempted to read his thoughts. Although, tempted as I was, I didn't.

I went over to my drawer and pulled out a hair scrunchy and tied up my hair in a ponytail. I just stood there, staring at him, but no matter what movement I did he didn't even turn to acknowledge me. I just sighed out loud and went to the door. I guess I'd just sleep on the coach if he felt so awkward sleeping with a Cullen. I didn't even make it to the doorknob when he called out to me.

"Wait." I turned slowly and just looked at him, his head still bent. "Did I really....where you really afraid of your...." he had a difficulty saying it. "Brother? Or was it me?" That shocked me. I walked over to him and stood next to him near the edge of the bed as I slowly inched to sit on the other end of him.

"What do you mean? It's not-I'm not afraid of you...if that's what you're asking. You know I don't care that you're a werewolf." I told him, looking at him and hoping he'd look me in my eyes.

"That's not what I mean. I mean.... when you didn't talk to me about being...." he groaned. "About being the leech's sister?" I didn't understand his questions. It was like he himself wasn't sure how to phrase it. "Ugh! What I mean is...were you afraid of him because you were afraid of what I might have done?" I looked away and I saw his head droop.