ch.28 Remembering the Past, Living the Future

Ch. 28: Remembering the Past, Living the Future (this one's going to be really long and EXTRA juicy! Seriously!!)*start*

*Vie's POV* ~~~~~Next Day, Morning~~~~~

I woke up abruptly when suddenly a hand wounded a bit too tightly around my waist. Jacob sounded mad in his sleep, practically growling. I shook him awake, or tried, but couldn't. Any movement I made only triggered him, making his hold on me grow tighter. It began to feel uncomfortable, and soon enough, even painful. I let out a shriek when he began to shake, a lot. Not like if he was going to change, just like how you do when you're mad. Then again maybe he was that mad, that he would change.

"Jacob!" I shouted, that did it. His eyes snapped open, looking around. I was gasping slightly, as he stood up and came over to my side, worried.

"Oh my god! Are you ok? Did I hurt you?" he asked, sadness and worry evident in his tone. I shook my head.

"I'm fine. What happened? I mean you were....so calm then.....you were...I don't know. It looked like you were going to cry." I said sympathetic now. "Did you have a nightmare?"

"I...Yea. It was...it looked.... it was so real." he said looking away and sliding a hand through his shaggy hair. I hugged him, leaning down too. He hugged me back, but stopped, lifting my sweatshirt slightly. There were slight marks on my waist and he frowned. "I'm sorry." He looked disappointed in himself.

"Hey...look at me. It's ok. You had a nightmare, that's all. You didn't intend to hurt me. What was the nightmare about?" he was quiet and looked like he was in his own world. "It's...it's ok if you don't want to tell me...I understand." I told him, slightly disappointed that he didn't trust me.

"I am...it's just... *sigh* can you hug me? Tightly I mean." I did as told. He would gingerly stroke my waist, over the red marks. "Thanks....I..." He just kept sighing and would look as his hands soothed the markings on my waist. I sighed out annoyed, and moved his hands.

"It's ok Jake! What's wrong? You're scaring me now." I told him, leaning my cheek on his.

"In the dream...I....they hurt you...I couldn't help you. You were bleeding, and...they all came after you...." I was confused.

"Who, Jake?" I asked.

"The filthy leeches." he snarled. I just soothed his hair and hummed a little, trying to calm him. "But that won't happen. I'll always, always.... protect you." I sighed.

"Jake...you can't always protect me...." his grip tightened a bit as he buried his head in my neck. "I can ...I can take care of myself too...ok?" he shook his head 'no'. I sighed and just kissed his cheek. "See? No more weird action flicks for you. It's all the stupid movies fault." he laughed somewhat.

"Yeah...maybe..." He kissed my neck. I just smiled and I heard a door open. We usually woke up before Billy, giving us enough time to get downstairs.

"Quick! Billy's ..." I started in a rushed whisper.

"I already know!" I shut up, hearing the elder's voice. Jake chuckled.

"Well, I guess no more sneaking around into your room huh?" asked Jake.

"You're both grounded!" we heard him yell, then the door swing open, we both pulled apart. "Jake, just go to Sam for patrols and errands, Vie, just...eh you're ok..." I smiled.

"What?!?! But she- that's not-Dad!" Billy laughed at Jacob's rambling and whining.

"I can't help it, I just know this was your idea, look at her...too innocent for that type of thing to cross her mind, Jake. Now me, I was a teenage boy once and let me tell you..."