19. Trust

Ch. 19: Trust*start*

*Violet's POV*

"Wha...but...Edward and everyone are worried sick. Edward feels horrible and..."

"He should, Bella. You weren't there to hear everything for yourself. I can't go back." I told her.

"But he feels awful! He was just mad; you have to forgive him. He's miserable! We have to tell him!" she was hysterical. I could see a few people staring at us so I hushed her.

"Shh Bella...I'm actually happy now. Please don't ruin this for me." I begged her. She must have seen how desperate I felt and how much I meant my words. "Look...how about I call you some other time and we see how things go. Let me show you that we're all better off this way."

"I...I don't know. Edward will find out and...."

"He won't, I promise I'll take full blame and..."

"Violet?!" We turned and saw Embry.

"Embry?! You're with Embry?! No, you're with the wolves?!" she asked me. "They'll kill you!"

"Shhh! No, I'm not and no they won't. Just...trust me, Bella. Remember what I told you? Carpe Diem. Just trust me, please." I said as I saw Embry step his way closer.

"That's what got you in this mess in the first place!" she hissed out.

"Bella! Please...just...I finally found someone that makes me feel human...normal and happy." I told her. She was thinking about it, but I could see Embry make his way over here and I had to hurry. "Please. Just give me time and stall. If...if it will make you happy, I'll......I'll talk to him, eventually." I told her. "But please hurry. Embry can't see you with me without needing an excuse, Bella." I told her.

"F-Fine." I smiled grateful that she would help keep yet another secret of mine. "But..." damn it! Why is there always a down point to everything? "You can't wait to tell Edward too long...and I want you to come to my graduation party."

"Bella...I can't..." She had a hard look on her face I sighed as I could see Embry's tall frame make his way over to us. "Fine! I'll call, you go." I told her and we swerved our carts in different directions. "Hey Embry? Ready to go?"

"Huh? What? Oh...yeah, sure." I could see he was uneasy as he looked like he was sniffing out a scent. I was glad when he just blew it off. We walked over to pay for the things and headed out the store.

"Thanks for the ride, again, Embry." I told him.

"No problem. You're Jake's im-girl. You're family now." He said smiling. I smiled softly and nodded.

"So, hungry?" I asked when I noticed he didn't leave.

"Actually, yeah. Jake and Billy say you're a great cook. I figured I'd find out for myself." I smiled and nodded.

"That's very nice of them, but sure I'll get right on something. I was actually going to bake a cake, too. So, if you want you can hang out with the others while I bake it. I'll send some over with Jake later..."

"No, it's ok. I'll just...watch TV." He looked kind of worried and I was confused as to why.

"O-kay." I said slowly. He chuckled.

"It's just...Jake would probably eat it before he even got to my place."

"Oh!" It just hit me. I giggled. "Maybe you're right." The rest of that time I spent cooking as Embry watched television and occasionally came into the kitchen to see how things were going. After some time, my meal was done. "Ready!" I called to him. He practically flew here the second the oven door was open.