Chapter 64 - Be Prepared

A/n: I was watching Lion King yesterday when the title came to me for this chapter xD lol It's crunch time my peeps! T_T I did say it would be done this year. Can't believe the end is around the corner. Expect another chapter SOON! ;)

Chapter 64 – Be Prepared

*Violet's POV*

Bella and I had discussed a plan. Privately. All under the pretense of "errands." I let her know about my own plan for my children. While Alice had gotten new passports for my children, they technically did not have identities as far as this country was aware. I'd had them at the Ulley residence and never registered them thereafter. Same with Renesmee. As far as this country's human politics were concerned, none of our children existed. And we intended to keep it that way.

I'd gone with Bella and Renesmee, Jacob and Edward staying back while we went to drop off the little hybrid off at her grandfather's house. Jacob, sensing my melancholy like he had a knack for doing, had given me a long kiss before we parted. He made me promise I'd go straight to him when I returned, which I agreed to. We had plans and I hadn't expected to be gone for long anyways. It felt strange, keeping this from my brother, making sure to keep my thoughts away from him at Bella's behest.

I'd allowed Bella to go in and meet Alice and Jasper's contact, knowing she could take care of herself now. Thankfully, the weather was very overcast. It looked like it might even start drizzling. Even from my position outside the restaurant, I could hone in on Bella's conversation. I'd heard her shuffling with something, and then felt her sadness. Before I could try to distinguish why she felt that way, I felt that tension again. Another vision. Tickets, not additional passports, just tickets and a deed. I felt my heart drop for my sister-in-law and her family. It didn't take long for Bella to come out after that, we silently made our way back to the car where she sat behind the wheel for a few minutes.

"Bella?" I whispered her name, trying to get something out of her. Since she became a vampire, unless I negated her power, I couldn't read her thoughts. "Bells?" I tried again. She looked up at me, her bottom lip trembling, but no tears were produced. "Oh, Bella!" I said her name sadly, throwing my arms around her as best as I could from the passenger side. I held onto her, feeling her pain and sadness.

"She didn't see us with her. We won't be going with you guys." I tried to hush her sobs.

"Maybe it's because it's all temporary. I-I've yet to see anything, Bella! It's not all set in stone. We must be optimistic!"

"Promise me!" She gripped hold of my arms. "Promise that no matter what happens, you and Jacob will look after my daughter like she's your own! Promise me that Renesmee will have a future, do you hear me?" I looked into the desperate eyes of my sister-in-law and realized her fear. It was the same as my own. I feared for my children's future. I would stop at nothing to ensure they had one. And now I would promise to do the same for my niece.

"I promise." I whispered to her. I saw as she studied my face. When she saw I was sincere, she merely nodded and released me quickly, trudging towards the car with newfound purpose.

Bella drove towards her father's house next. The car ride silent, the music off. Both of us were too busy, lost in thought, to focus on anything. I feared what Bella would be thinking about, but I mostly feared for these children we brought into this world. This war. Despite the melancholy she had previously felt, Bella only felt fierce determination and an adamant resolve. We quickly got to Charlie's house, but before she stepped out of the car to fetch her, she turned to me.

"I'm.... I'm going to prepare something. For Renesmee," she told me. "Can you make sure you give it to her should anything happen?" I opened my mouth to object, but she beat me to it. "Just in case." I nodded to her. "I'll have all her things ready." I nodded again. "Will you tell Jacob?" I looked away. "I understand if you feel like you have to tell him. It's just that, I don't know if it's something he could keep from Edward." I turned to look at her.