Ch. 49: Potatoes

A/N: I will be quick! Thank you to the couple people that voted and commented! Thanks to the new readers that added this book onto their libraries or started following! I appreciate that anyone is even still reading! Hope to see more people vote, and comment! Would love to hear people's thoughts on this chapter! 

CH. 49: Potatoes

*3rd Person POV*

Jacob and Violet turned at the sound of someone speaking, both too lost in their own emotional conversation to even hear the door opening and closing. By the door stood Alice, Seth, and Esme. The girls looked quite shocked at what they came to hear, but their attention was now focused on the young man whose shoulders slumped and voice cracked, the look on his face one of utter heartbreak as he staired at the pair in the corner.

Seth felt like he had just been punched in the gut as he staired at the couple. Clearly, they had walked in and interrupted an intimate moment between the two, but he wished he hadn't. Or maybe he was glad he had? He wasn't sure. But one thing was for sure, it was obvious that Jacob and Violet were deeply in love with one another and Seth knew he had no chance. He knew she would say yes. Not able to take it, Seth ran back out the door, leaving it wide open and allowing the others a view into the room.

"Seth?!" Violet called out to the young wolf, confused and worried after seeing the state he left in.

"Seth!" Leah's voice rang through the house as she quickly shifted once out the door to follow her little brother.

Jacob stiffened by his imprints side. A part of him, a big part of him, was very worried about his subordinate, despite how things ended. However, another part of him was glad he had heard Jacob's impromptu proposal. He could tell just from the brief glimpse into his thoughts that the kid felt more than necessary for his Violet. He gets that Seth was there for her when he was being an idiot, but Jacob wouldn't be okay just stepping down and allowing the kid to move on his girl. Jacob's thoughts were stalled when he felt Violet remove herself from his hold, trying to stand. She was clearly still wobbly and suddenly a stampede all reached out for her, all the supernaturals instinctively trying to catch the petite girl.

"I'm okay." Violet smiled at everyone that had now packed into the room, Jacob holding her upright and her holding onto his forearm palm that he had given to her to lean on. Everyone let out a sigh of relief before everyone took turns voicing how glad they were she was okay.

"You scared the shit out of me numbskull," Emmett chuckled, now gripping onto Rosalie, a tell sign that he was still partially worried and refraining from running over to check on her himself.

"Yeah, I know I was pretty prone to accident as a human, but you take the cake." Bella tried to joke, people either laughing genuinely or forcing out a soft chuckle.

"Yeah...this was a surprise to me, too." Violette said, distractedly, still staring out the door. Jacob took notice of where her attention was and tensed up.

"Leah went after him, Violette." spoke up Edward, having read the minds of both the teens at the center of things.

"Oh, the little wolf boy? He shifted and headed for the forest. I'd guess to hunt? His comrades followed after." Spoke up Lauren, her green eyes shifting between her longtime friend and the wolf beside her. They all could act like they had any form of privacy in the home, but the reality was that they all had inhumane hearing. There was no such thing as a secret told within that house. Not if someone else was in another room somewhere. Truthe be told, they could all hear the birds nesting over the trees down by the tree line without a problem.