Ch. 39: Imbalance In Her Emotions

Comenzar desde el principio

"There is nothing wrong with you. I love you just the way you are. I'm sorry if I ever made you think otherwise and I promise never to let anyone make you feel this way again. I talked to Sam...and he's promised to lay off. Sam's just as protective of Emily as I am of you, that's all." I picked up her chin to look at me, but instead she just buried her head into my chest, her hands trying desperately to clutch onto something, but when she realized I had no shirt on, she settled for clenching her fists as they laid against my chest as well.

"You promise?" I heard her whisper, her voice barely there.

"Of course I do." I told her, smoothing out the back of her shirt, before rubbing her back.

"Jacob...so you promise to love me? Just the way I am?" she asked me, this time her beautiful sea foam eyes staring into my brown ones. I was suddenly in a trans. "Swear Jacob. Swear to me that you love me...just as I am." I nodded, bringing her to me again.

"I promise, Violet. No matter what... you'll always be the only one for me." I heard her sigh happily and her breathing got back to normal for just a second before her heart rate picked up again. I heard her take in a deep breath before opening her mouth.

"Jacob the truth is I'm a-"

"Jacob! We have to go! There's another bloodsucker on the loose!" I tensed, so did she. I nodded to Jared who looked sadly between me and Violet. "I'm sorry if this is a bad time, Violet, but he's got to come, Sam's orders." she nodded, stiffly.

"Just... be safe, okay?" I nodded and was about to leave before she called me, Jared already going on ahead. "Jacob!" I stopped and she ran to me, I scooped her in my arms, a bit alarmed, but relaxed when she just kissed my lips. "Okay...y-you can go now." I rubbed her cheek with my thumb, her skin like porcelain, it was so smooth. I kissed the exposed skin between her neck and shoulder.

"I'll be back and...if I'm forgiven...you can tell me more, okay?" she nodded, but looked away, wrapping her hands around her torso. I wanted to stay, but left. Damn, these guys sure know when to fucking pop up!

*Violet's POV*

Why is it that every time I feel like I can breathe, I feel like I can tell him the truth, something has to happen to compromise that? Why can't I just tell him? I have to tell him. 'When he gets back, I'll tell him.' I tell myself. I go towards the bed, drawing back the bed spread and blankets before crawling into bed. I'm just staring out the window, looking, waiting. I nearly fall asleep, I'm so tired. Tired of crying, tired of feeling sad. Tired of feeling out of place. My thoughts wandered before my eyelids closed, and I fell asleep...

Warmth. I needed warmth. I was so cold, I guess I had been in Hawaii much too long and got used to their climate. Yet, still, I remember it being warmer even here In La Push, what with Jacob's body heat and all. I let my hand roam the bed, but it's just empty. The sheets are cold, there is no impression that anyone even slept here besides myself. I got up, shivering a bit from the cold. I needed a blanket, or a sweater at the very least. I got up towards my closet, but stopped when I heard something.

I looked around my room, but spotted nothing out of the usual. I turned around, ready to go back to the closet when shivers went up my spine. Ever had that feeling that you were being watched? The weird sensation that someone else's eyes are on you? I just got that. I could feel someone's penetrating stare on my back. I was hesitant at first, but then quickly spun around, looking to find someone. I called out to Billy, but got no reply. I ran downstairs, afraid of what was going on. There was a note on the living room table. It was from Billy, Charlie and him had gone out to the Diner. I calmed down a bit, feeling a bit relieved. Yet, that warm feeling of relief shattered when I heard the tapping again; when I felt other eyes on me again. I made my way to the window in the kitchen. I swallowed back the fear and got closer.