Chapter 29: Internship Disasters

Start from the beginning

"Y-You know, you scare me when you get like this.", Kamui Woods said, then turned back to his computer. "But about this Hero Killer. Looks like he'll be striking next in this city."

"Yeah, I know. We're in quite the dilemma.", Mt Lady said as she became serious. "We can't not give these two hero training, and the only way is real experience out in the field. But if they encounter this Hero Killer, who knows what could happen?"

"Yeah. We'll just have to be super careful.", Kamui Woods answered.
.
.
.
"I guess they must've made a mistake, right?", Izuku said as they stared at the bed.

"Y-Yeah... there's no way they expect us to sleep in the same bed!", Momo answered.

"Well for now, I'm going to put my stuff in the living room.", Izuku said.

"Yeah, me too. Do you think we should just wait for them after that?", Momo asked.

"I think we should just wait."

Ten minutes later, Mt Lady and Kamui Woods came back to the apartment.

"Oh, why didn't you guys put your stuff in your room?", Mt Lady asked.

"About that... are we supposed to share the bed?", Momo asked.

"Well there's only one bed in that room, so you'll have to do that.", Mt Lady answered. "It's part of your hero training! How to be... collaborative in no matter the situation!"

Izuku nodded his head, and put his stuff in his room, followed by Momo.

When they returned to the living room, they found Mt Lady and Kamui Woods getting their hero costumes on.

"Come on, get your costumes on! We're going to patrol the city!", Mt Lady said as she put on her mask.

"Already? That's pretty quick...", Izuku said, then went back to the room and changed. Momo changed after he was finished.

The patrol was uneventful, but Izuku and Momo were told to use it as a good learning experience that life as a hero wasn't always full of excitement.

When they returned to the apartment, it was 9:30 p.m, and Izuku and Momo were told to sleep.

In the bed, Izuku and Momo were trying their hardest not to touch, but it was much harder than expected due to the small size of the bed. By the time they fell asleep, it was already 12:00 a.m, because they were focusing so much on not touching. But during their sleep, Momo unconsciously hugged Izuku so she wouldn't fall off the bed, and Izuku did the same with one arm. They looked, of all things, like a couple.

The next few days went just like the first, with them spending most of their time on patrols, and the nights getting less and less awkward, until Izuku and Momo were almost fine with sleeping in the same bed. Momo now wasnt as nervous around Izuku, but he didn't notice ghe change. Over the week, they also formed strong bonds with Mt Lady and Kamui Woods, to the point that they were almost like a family.

On the final day, Mt Lady and Kamui Woods approached Izuku and Momo and gave them a serious look.

"Ok kids, this is the last day, so we're going to end it off with a bang. The thing is, we've only been patrolling the parts of the city that have lower crime rates. Today, we'll be going to downtown Hosu, the place with one of the highest crime rates in highly populated cities in Japan.", Kamui Woods said.

"That's right. Here's the briefing. There is a villain out there named the Hero Killer.", Mt Lady said. "Have you heard of him?"

"Of course!", Momo nodded. "He's the one who kills 'fake' heroes, saying he's trying to purge this world and fix society! He's super famous right now!"