Episode 40

In the afternoon:-

The oberois eat lunch together...

Soumya: this place is so beautiful! I'm loving this!

Anika: and the weather is pleasant too! It's great over here!

Om: it's a nice feeling, you know the whole family is together! And everyone is enjoying!

Gauri: true...

Anika: shivaay, we are on a holiday...will you stop mending with your phone please?

Shivaay: huh? Oh okay...apparently the police found some pictures in kaali's phone...I was just going to ask what those pictures were about...

Anika: no shivaay, please! Leave your phone!

Shivaay: but,

Rudra: bhabhi, Bhaiya won't listen like this...( he goes and takes the phone from shivaay)

Shivaay: hey rudra! Give my phone back!

Rudra: Bhaiya, bhabhi is right! We are on a holiday, there no use of this now...I'll keep it! I'll give it to you later!

Shivaay: fine! We'll go and find that dog's owner today evening...

Rudra: Bhaiya, that puppy's name as of now is buddy...until we give it to it's owner...

Shivaay: whatever...

In the evening:-

They go and look for the location of the address...they finally find it...

Shivaay: look a house! Mostly the owner lives here!

Om rings the door bell...a young man opens the door...

Om: hello, good evening...

The man: good evening...

Shivaay: does this dog belong to you?

Man: ( sees the dog standing away and is shocked) n..n..no! I don't know him! Don't disturb me now!

Rudra: please, I think he's yours..why would your address be on his collar? please take him..

Man: he's not mine! He'll never be mine!

Rudra: but why? Look at him, he's adorable...come on buddy, go to him!

(the puppy stays back)

Rudra: what happened? Go!

(he doesn't budge from there)

Om: why isn't he coming? Wait I'll pick him up! (he goes to pick it up, the puppy barks and moves backward)

Gauri: omkara ji, leave it...maybe it doesn't want to go back...

Om: how does he not want to go back, this is his house, his family! It belongs here!

The man: my name is Raj, and I am not going to have this annoying creature in my house!

Shivaay: Raj if you didn't want to keep him then why did you even get it in the first place!

Raj: I didn't get it for myself! I got it for my son! He was suffering from cancer...he wanted a dog, it was his last wish so I got Bruno! And now what's the use of him when...( he cries) when my son is no more! I hate dogs! I hate Bruno! Because when I look at him, I get reminded of all those memories with my son!

Anika: we're sorry for your loss...but why are you giving this little guy the punishment? He must have loved your son too right?

Raj: he did...and he wouldn't go out from my son's room once he was gone...he wouldn't eat, wouldn't drink...so I took this step for the benefit of both of us...I knew that someone would definitely find him on the highway...so I left him there, he didn't let me remove his collar, so I scratched the address and his name...

Soumya: but he needs you, he's so small...he needs to be taken care of...and i'm sure he still likes you...

Raj: do you actually think so? I mean look at him just standing there! If he wanted to come, he would have by now...unless he found all of you...

Shivaay: are you kidding me! We can't keep him! He's yours!

Raj: he's not...not anymore! Don't you see, I think you all gave him so much love that he doesn't want to leave you anymore.. I'm serious, i'm not going to have him in my house! I have to attend to more important things...so please don't disturb me any more! Bye! (he shuts the door)

Shivaay: great! now what do we do?

Gauri: should we put him in the pet shop?

Shivaay: guys i'm done! Like seriously! I'm not going to go around the whole of lonavala, looking for a damn petshop! I say, we leave it here! Maybe Raj will get some pity and take him...

Anika: what? Shivaay, it's getting colder...we can't just leave the poor thing here...

Rudra: Bhabhi is right...

Prinku: yes Bhaiya!

Shivaay: I didn't ask anyone...come, we have to get back to the resort or else buama will send a search party looking for us...

They walk ahead...the puppy follows them...

Om: Buddy, I mean Bruno, you have to stay here...okay? please don't follow us...

(bruno whines and sits)

Rudra: hey, I know you're feeling bad...but we aren't allowed to keep you...please, please understand...I'll miss you too!

Anika: I'll miss you Bruno...

Prinku: and me too!

Soumya: all of us...all of us will miss you...be safe okay?

Rudra: I think there's only one way to get him away from us...(he takes a stick and throws it at a distance) Bruno, catch!

(Bruno goes and runs to catch it..everyone feels sad)

Shivaay: guys come...it's getting late...

They sit in the car and drive away...