Chapter 27: Sports Festival Finale

Start from the beginning

"And let the finals... begin!", Midnight shouted.

Izuku immediately activated his eye quirk and read everything Bakugo was doing.

Meanwhile, Bakugo charged at Izuku, and sent an explosion right in the face of him. Luckily, Izuku jumped back and dodged the attack, and sent a One For All 20% smash right in Bakugo's stomach. The attack hit right on, and sent Bakugo flying backwards, almost falling out of bounds. But Bakugo didn't get knocked back without giving Izuku something back, and he made an explosion that shone so bright it blinded Izuku.

Bakugo slowly got up, and smirked at Izuku, who was frantically rubbing his eyes. "That eye quirk of your... it's really annoying, so I had to do something about that. Looks like you can't even see anymore, let alone use your quirk. Pretty smart, right?", Bakugo said, then charged at Izuku.

Izuku slowly took hid hands away from his eyes and gave a smirk that made Bakugo stop mid-run.

"That was a pretty good idea, I'll give you that. But I can still see, even though it is pretty hazy. You may have taken away the benefits I get from the eye quirk, but I have a lot more up my sleeve. Bring it on.", Izuku said with pure joy, and got into a fighting stance.

Bakugo grinned from ear to ear, and charged at Izuku again, his hands crackling with mini explosions.

The two met in the very middle if the arena, and engaged in hand to hand combat. Izuku was easily more skilled than Bakugo in this category due to the martial arts he had learned, and continuously landed hits on Bakugo while only getting hit back a few times.

"Asshole, you've gotten a lot better at this, haven't you? Then eat this!", Bakugo shouted, and jumped back and fired a long range explosion straight at Izuku. Izuku easily teleported away from the attack, and appeared behind Bakugo.

"Eat shit, Izuku!", Bakugo shouted as he turned around and managed to block Izuku's punch.

'I have to keep this match close... he has a range advantage on me right now... I still can't use One for All continuously at the level high enough to make wind pressure that will affect him. I have to beat him in close range combat. That's where I have my advantage.", Izuku thought to himself, and sent a barrage of punched and kicks to Bakugo.

Bakugo was surprised by the sudden attacks, and only managed to block one of them, while the rest hit their marks perfectly.

Bakugo roared in anger, and hit Izuku on the stomach with a massive explosion.

Izuku didn't manage to block the attack, and got blasted backwards, landing on his butt.

"Damn... that was pretty good, Kacchan.", Izuku said as he coughed out blood. "I'm going to end this right here though."

He stood up, and looked Bakugo in the eyes. Bakugo was beat up and bruised from all of Izuku's attacks, but Izuku had a bad burn on his stomach and was coughing out blood.

"If that's how you want it, then that's how we'll do it!", Bakugo shouted, and  pointed both hands towards Izuku.

'I'll have to use 100%... that means this battle will end right here.", Izuku thought to himself as he cocked his arm back.

"HOWITZER IMPACT!!!", Bakugo screamed as he used the attack that he had used on Uraraka earlier, but this time pointed directly at Izuku.

Meanwhile, Izuku charged all his strength into his left arm, and shouted, "100% Detroit Smash!"

The supermoves both collided in the middle if the arena, and the crowd, once again, was nearly blown away. The middle of the arena completely exploded into a crater, and dust rose up, blocking the view of everybody.

"Seriously? Again? What is this, an anime?", Kaminari shouted from the stands.

When the dust cleared, there was only one person in bounds.

"And your winner for the First Year Sports Festival is... Izuku Midoriya!", Midnight shouted.

Izuku looked up into the sky and smiled. "I won. That's pretty cool."
.
.
.
After an hour, the arena was repaired and the winners were to be announced.

"And to present your winners, we have... All Might!", Midnight annoucneas the crowd murmured in excitement.

"I am here!", All Might exclaimed with his signature laugh.

"All Might!", the crowd shouted in happiness.

"Third place, Young Yaoyorozu! You proved yourself impressively today! Your ability to think under pressure and to formulate plans coupled with your formidable quirk brought you your third place finish! I'm sure the pro heroes will be very interested in recruiting you!", All Might said with a hearty laugh as he placed a medal on Momo's neck and patted her on the head.

"Next, second place Young Bakug-", All Might began, but was cut off.

"Just give me the award, All Might.", Bakugo said quietly. "I lost. Hurry it up, I want to go train."

"Aha! Your determination to improve is inspiri-!"

"SHUT UP, GOD DAMMIT! JUST GIVE ME THE DAMN MEDAL AND LET ME GO!", Bakugo screamed.

"Alright, alright.", All Might sighed and handed him the award.

'S-So violent...', the crowd thought to themselves.

"I guess his superiority complex is kicking in again.", Kirishima sighed.

"And finally, Young Midoriya! Congratulations on finishing top place! You showed your excellent battle sense, your quick thinking, your ingenuity and your sheer power perfectly! I heard the pro heroes are practically falling over themselves to recruit you! Not only that, your never ending unselfishness to save your friends and the comfort you gave your enemies was truly inspiring! You showed what it means to be a true hero!", All Might said with a massive grin, then hugged Izuku, who nearly squeaked in surprise.

In the middle of the hug, All Might whispered in Izuku's ear, "I'm truly proud of you, Izuku. You are a true hero."

When he pulled away from the hug, he faced the audience and reached his hand out as if he was inviting the crowd.

"Let's say it all together!", All Might boomed. "3... 2... 1... PLUS ULTRA!!!"

The crowd cheered, and confetti sprayed everywhere.

"SHUT UP, ASSHOLES! YOUR HURTING MY EARS!!!"

Nobody listened to him.