Part:29

Haroon's pov

We all were now present in our wedding hall.

Everyone were very royally and fashionably dressed and were busy happily chirping and gossiping.

Kids were running here and there giggling.

I was on the stage with my friends dressed in cream colour sherwani with blood red turban. I was waiting for my beautiful bride.

After almost waiting for half an hour her arrival was announced.

I glued my eyes at the beautifully decorated pathway for the beauty to set her feet.

And....... when I saw her clad in beautiful blood red lehenga all dolled up with jewelleries and makeup, my throat was dry.

Her lahanga must be weighing more than her own weight and adding up to it was lot's of jewelleries. She was held by two of my cousins from both the side.

She was approaching me with baby steps.

I wasn't capable of averting my gaze. Even my friend's  teasings and elders laughter didn't matter to me at that time.

As she neared me, I felt my heart  beating at its fastest speed.

I was simply hypnotized by her beauty,even though almost half of her face was covered with her red chunri(veil).

When she approached the stage, I stood up and extended my hand as a gentleman to help her.

But she ignored it. I was hurt but I thought she must be shy and all.

She sat beside me lowering her head. She was fidgeting with her bangles.

"Assalam o Alaikum."I greeted her tilting my head little at her side.

I never knew she greeted me back or not, I saw her only lowering her head more.

Is she that shy?!!!

I don't know but it was strange, I mean she was shying more than she was capable of.

Yesterday she was ready to fight with me and now she wasn't even greeting me back.

My friends started to tease and laugh with me engaging me with them.

After a while lunch was served so everyone went leaving me and Nayab alone.

"Are you alright?" I asked her but got nothing as a answer.

Amma and Shaheen Aunty came to us with Ayat and Zara.

"Bhai and Bhabhi it's your lunch time." She chirped and  helped Nayab to stand up.

"Nayab, gudiya (doll) you want to freshen up or anything before lunch."Amma asked her lovingly.

And she nodded.

What's wrong with her?
Does she lost her voice?