Part:27

Nayab's pov

I was being dragged by Haroon's cousins towards  the stage. I was nervous to face him. I silently calmed my nerves and looked at  the stage. It was beautiful but my eyes stuck on the person sitting there laced with manly beauty. He was wearing autumn green kurta with golden buttons and golden pyjama.

I was busy glancing him. When on of his cousins coughed and brought me in present. I lowered my head. I was embarrassed.

Please Allah(SAW), don't let me repeat this embarrassing activity of mine. Please, please, please.

I controlled my beating heart and sat on the chair beside him.

All the girls were gathered in front of us and were singing and clapping.

I was looking at them and was trying to comprehend the song when I heard his whisper beside me.

"Assalam o Alaikum."I jerked my head towards him, he was looking at me.

I looked down  and greeted him back.

" How are you?"He again whispered near my ear giving me goosebumps.

" Fine."I answered him shortly.

" Why I feel like you are not the Nayab I knew?"He said this time louder.

What does he mean?!!!

" What do you mean?"This time I looked at him confusingly.

" No, nothing. It's just you seem to be like a soaked cat while the real Nayab was wild cat."He said it in most casual tone.

Is he for real?!!!!

His stupid remark made my all shyness fly away and instead it filled me with anger.

" What do you mean by soaked cat and wild cat. I'm Homo sapien (human being) for your kind information."I hissed with clenched teeth.

This man always had the nerve to wake my anger in its most intense form.

" I mean you are..... sorry you were ......a while before looking like soaking cat but not now.... now you are........"He looked at me up and down and winked at me and completed his sentence. "........ wild cat."

What?!!
He has the audacity to wink at me after he calls me soaked and wild cat.

I was fuming in anger and was searching for something to throw at that mad man when Ayat came towards me and tapped my shoulder.

" Why are you so red?" She whisper asked me.

I'm suppose to be red when my husband calls me cat.

"Nothing......" I thought to ignore her question.

"Are you blushing?" She asked with a teasing smile playing on her lips.

"No....." I snapped at her.

"I think she needs water."The jerk of a man interfered.