Part:23

Nayab's pov

After Haroon was gone, boss I mean Umar bhai as he asked me to call him now onwards came to visit me.

He has always been good with me but now he seems to act like a real brother to me.

He said, whenever Haroon will hurt I can tell him and he will beat him up for me.

I laughed at his dramatic self.

I don't know it's true or not but I saw Zara's unusual behavior around Umar bhai.

Umar bhai seemed oblivious about her feelings though.

I wanted to ask her but at the same time I don't want to be nosy.

I thought it's better to leave everything on time.

And time passed in the blinks of eyes.

It's only 12 more days for rukhsati when Amma started to drag me for shopping every now and then.

I was suffocated trying those heavy dresses and jewelleries.

I sighed in relief when I was told that I will not go out till my rukhsati since it was only 5 days left to my rukhsati.

But every sense of relief vanished when I was dolled up with yellow Saree and flower's jewelry and was brought in a decorated hall where I was painted with turmeric paste including some more paste to give company to the turmeric paste.

Guest started to fill the haweli with chaos and occasional laughters. They were nana jaan's and baba's extended families, friends and relatives

Nana jaan's side of relatives and friends, all individually met me and cried when they came to know about my real identity making my buried pain to surface.

I personally invited some of my colleagues including Sameera.

They were surprised but said nothing except congratulating me.

I called Ayat Khan and asked her along her grandmother to come at least ten days before my rukhsati but her grandmother was sick, her only guardian since her parents died in a car accident when she was only ten years old and her grandfather died when her father was kid .

She assured me that she will try to come as soon as possible.

She is such a strong personality. She never shows her pain. She is a fighter.

"Bhabhi someone wants to meet you." Zara's loud voice snapped me out in present.

"Who?" I asked her confusingly.

"Me."
I looked up towards the source of the voice.

And there stood my bestie.

I jumped from my bed and sprang towards her.

"Calm down frog bride." She hugged me commenting on my jumping and springing.

After that I met her grandmother.

She was fine now.