Part:15

Shahnawaz khan's pov

Hafsa, my daughter in law was pacing impatiently before Nayab's emergency ward and I was sitting and was praying for my granddaughter's health.

I remembered how Hafsa used to be. She was my elder brother's only child. I took care of her and bhabhi (sister in law) after my brother's sudden death.
My sister in law was not strong enough to bear the pain of loss of her beloved husband and so she followed him not before taking promise from me  to keep her daughter happy and safe. Hafsa was only 12 at that time.

Samad and Haya were always worried for her and did everything possible for them to bring her out from her room and make her happy.

Haya was two years younger than Hafsa and Adil was three years older than Hafsa.

These three were so close to each other. She and Haya being a cousin and living in same roof were always seem to act like own sisters. Samad with growing age developed some other feelings for her. Seeing their inclination towards each other I thought to get them married.

And they got married when Hafsa was 18 and Samad was 21. They were living happily till my Haya escaped.

After her escape Samad was not in his right sense. He used to blame himself for not being able to protect his little sister. He tried everything possible to search for Haya. He became distant from everyone. He didn't even spend time with his children. Haroon and Zara.

Zara was born 7 month after Haya escaped. His constant grief, guilty and escaped meal led him to lots of diseases. He died before  6 years. That was the time after which Hafsa never talked to me.

I know I've caused a lots of soul to suffer but even I'm suffering a lot.I lost my wife. I lost my both child. Life has never been piece of cake or bed of roses for me.

I looked again at Hafsa. She looked older than her age. She has been through a lot. I couldn't keep my promise to keep her happy and safe. I wiped my tear stained face and moved towards her and stood in front of her.

I clasped my palm before her. She looked at me surprisingly.

"Wi.... Will.... Will you forgive me Hafsa beti (daughter)." I wasn't able to carry my heavy heart anymore. I needed everyone's forgiveness before I die.

She was dumbstruck as if not believing what she heard.

I repeated myself.

Hearing me again she snapped out and held my hand and looked at me with tears brimming eyes.

"No chacha jaan (Uncle), please don't....." Saying she hugged me and cried her heart out.

I caressed her head and cried myself.

"So you will not forgive me." I asked her still caressing her head.

"No......" She said between her hiccups and sniffing.

"I'm sorry." I heard her say after a while when her hiccups has died and now she was busy sniffing.

I was surprised. Why she is asking forgiveness when the one needed forgiveness was me.

She moved away and looked at me. She held my right hand palm and said.