SEVEN

Ugly.

That's what I see.

Standing in front of my mirror wearing the ugliest outfit I ever come up with made me regret to agree with this date. I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. I have no clothes to wear on one date. Just one simple date and I'm overbearing on what I'm going to wear. Clark texted me that earlier he's taking me out to someplace fancy.

"Dress nice and sexy for me."

"Ugh!" I scratched my hair frustrated I caused the whole house to shake then a loud knock on the door made me jump.

"Effie?" My sister opened my door. "What's wrong? Why are you yelling?" She blinked. "What are you wearing?"

I turned from the mirror and gave her my sad puppy look expression made her worried. "Athena~ help~."

Twenty minutes later I told her everything. Athena sat on my bed, and I sat on the floor looking glum for a first date.

"I see," she rubbed her chin, thinking seriously. "So, you're going on a date with this Clark Mason guy to get Logan jealous?"

"I did not say jealous!" I bellowed. "I only agreed because..."I paused and blushed.

Logan is way out of my league.

"Because...dating a guy like Logan is way out of your league?" I gasped, and she barked a laugh causing me to pout.

"Thea!"

"What? I'm just reading what's on that forehead of yours," she reached down and flicked it. "But seriously, Effie, I'm happy you are dating, and that's good because you would stay cooped up in your room doing nothing. I miss you singing every night to tick me off while I'm studying but it never bothers me."

I frowned.

"Anyways, if you don't like Logan why does it bother you if he's with other girls?"

I opened my mouth only to close them. There was no argument there then I said, "He just pisses me off that's all."

Athena laughed and sighed. "Sweetie, that's how a relationship starts. Well, not for everybody but a few. Like Mom and Dad, for example, you think Dad was Mom's, first love? No, she had relationships before and because of her temperament causes her to avoid all guys that are until she met Dad and they didn't start fresh, but she was having doubts until they got to know each other through arguments and bickering made them understand one another."

"What are you trying to say?"

Athena lean forward and place her hand over my head and pulled on a soft loving smile. "I'm saying is if dating other guys to get your mind off one specific guy who pisses you off much more than anyone then I won't argue with that. Mom and Dad always told us to follow what we believe in and as for me I always believe that one day you will sing for us again." Then without realizing my sister was on the floor on her knees and placed her forehead against mine.

I smiled devouring the warmth and loved my sister gave me.

"Thanks, sis," I whispered. "Oh, can you not say anything to Ares, especially you know who?"

"I promise," Athena said. "But before I keep my mouth shut let's deal with these clothes. You are not going out like that. You look like a clown."

"I feel like one."

"Oh nonsense it's just you don't have nice clothes to wear. Why do you have so many dark outfits? You don't have anything sexy at all. Feels like Narnia and Halloween Town mix together." She says scheming through my closet and throwing each clothes she finds and throw them out.