THIRTY-FOUR

"Girl, when are you and Logan going to throw it down," Clark asked.

Today it's just Clark and me at the library for once. Lily is busy with the arranged marriage and goes on a date with Kareem while she still thinks of Liam. The whole not-virgin-anymore freaked her out, and she's between two guys who she can't handle.

As for Odin, I haven't seen him for days. He's probably with a lady friend he told me about and having lunch together someplace.

I groaned, scratching my head. "I've been trying to throw it down, but he keeps getting distracted, and there are also interruptions," ie. Seth. I groaned to myself. When I couldn't concentrate on the math homework, I threw my pencil, making a growling noise when the librarian shushed me. "What am I doing wrong? Is it me? I know my skin has these markings, and it's not attractive. I ain't skinny like Lily and-"

"Whoa, stop right there," Clark stopped me from hyperventilating. "First of all, there is nothing wrong with you. Second, ignore the scars, and lastly, thicker is much better than looking like bones with no meat. Logan is from Hawaii, so he knows what he wants in a girl."

I thought about Niana, too, and how she looked. I never actually see her, but I could take guesses that she's big thick, with a curvy waist, and beautiful.

"But there are some pretty girls there, like those hula girls that can pull off the body-"

"Ah-ah," he put a finger to stop me again. "Shut up, Effie. I'm still a guy even though I'm gay. If I weren't, I would still want to date you," he sighed. "I'll give it to you straight."

"Hearing you say that sounds weird."

"Bitch," I chuckled at him, yet again the librarian shushed us as a second warning. "Anywho, maybe Logan doesn't want to go that far with you. I mean, after everything that has happened to him back home. He doesn't want to repeat the cycle."

I furrowed my brows together. "What do you mean to repeat the cycle? Are you saying I'm like a tsunami that is bound to happen? It was a long road for me to accept myself and fall for a guy like Logan, who saw my ugly side. He's been there for me, and I just wanted to reward him for loving me."

"As I said, he's trying to wait for the opportunity. And I think he's the perfect definition of a gentleman. Sex after marriage."

"Yeah, tell that to my sister, who is pregnant."

"What?!" Clark exclaimed loudly. People in the library shushed us. "Your sister is prego?" I nodded. "Who's the dad?"

"Since she went to the doctor to test the DNA from a guy with whom she had a quick fling, she is hoping that the baby's father is Rex."

"Did she tell Rex?"

I leaned back against my chair. "Good news, it is Rex's," I watch Clark's shoulders relax. "But, she's too afraid to tell him."

The DNA test didn't take that long, so when Thea came home with a large Manila folder in hand. I was anticipating, and the suspense was killing me when she didn't say anything. All Thea did was stare and go straight to her room without a word. I followed her seconds later, finding her sitting on the edge of her bed with one of her American Girl dolls that looked nothing like her; blonde with blue eyes, she told me she wanted a child with similar traits. She would soon have, but the baby will look like either her, Rex or both.

She told me with such soft joy yet half concerned if Rex would be okay with her having his baby. She's worried about how to handle it once it's born. I've never seen Athena cry, even when our parents died.

Thea and I had that toughness from our mom, and the demoness cried in front of me for the first time.

"Afraid? Your sister?" He scoffed like it was a joke. "Do you remember what your sister did to Heather and me at the principal's office?"