FORTY-THREE

"Effie, I'm very disappointed," Thea had her hands on her hips, upset.

Worst - She's pissed.

Once, she received a phone call from Principle Brown telling her everything. She brought me home after detention into my room and gave me a lecture - three hours, to be precise- until my ears bled.

I sat on my bed in my room, and in the middle of it, I could hear the music and enjoyment outside the thick walls of my room as it made me pout and groan that I should be out there having fun but instead getting a seriousness of adult here from my sister.

"You hit another student?" It wasn't a question but more of emphasizing what I did. Her hands crossed over her chest as she bore her silver eyes, now dark grey, angry.

"Babe, you need to relax," Luckily, Rex was there to pull an invisible leash before my sister could lash at me.

"No, Rex. Butt out," She snarled lowly at him. Her baby daddy just let it go and sighed, not wanting to argue with a woman who was pregnant with his child.

Thea wore a sexy nurse costume while Rex had on a doctor's white robe to match each other. Don dressed up like a Spartan, and Seth dressed like a cowboy. He said it would make all the girls come to him if he talked in a western accent. I don't understand the man, but if that is what he wants, it's his life.

My sister glanced her eyes back to me. "You hit another student in the nose with a lunch tray. Care to explain?"

I sighed. "It's not my fault."

"Amuse me."

I groaned and jumped off my bed, stomping toward my window. "That bitch, Bridget, like Heather and Paris, pisses me off whenever they talk shit about people like me."

"People like you?" She quizzed, lifting her lightly thin eyebrow.

"You know, outcasted, neglected, a ghost to those who didn't care about our existence. Yes, people like me." I brushed my hair back harshly. "I was protecting my friends who were hit with insults by that bimbo bitch."

As she sighed, I saw Thea relax her shoulders and lower her arms to the side. Her eyes revert genuinely and say, "Ading," giving the Filipino meaning to a younger sibling. "I'm happy that you were sticking up for your friends. But that doesn't mean you have to hit them. Violence isn't the answer."

"Your one to talk," I scoffed. "The Demon Queen."

"Demon Queen?" Rex looked at my sister, puzzled by the name is given when she was a kid. "You were called The Demon Queen?"

Thea told him about her past. I saw no surprise except the name I announced.

"That was long ago, and I was just a kid playing in the park," Thea ignored Rex.

"Playing? More like Mortal Kombat style. You terrorize them. You didn't want kids anywhere near the playground." I pointed out. "You and Jordan, who was called the Black Widow, threatened the other kids."

"As I said, I was a kid and a delinquent. I was in no control of my action."

I heard Rex laugh. "I could have imagined you kicking other kids' asses. I bet you were a tomboy."

"Oh, she was. She cut her hair because some kid put gum in it, dressed in overalls, red converse shoes, and a bandage under her left eye. After all, she accidentally cut herself. My sister was a real-life Chucky. All the kids were scared of her."

Not only that, but they don't want to mess with a Demoness.

Rex laughs out loud, hugging his stomach. He laughs so hard that my sister's eyes twitch.