THIRTY-SEVEN

We spent an hour at the mall, going to stores like Charlotte Rousse or H&M, until we finally made it to the Halloween store. The store that had it open was vacant, making it easier for people to shop for costumes.

It's only the second week of October, and many people are inside. Children are much more excited than I am when it comes to Halloween.

Inside the Halloween store, I see it as Candyland. Everything isn't made out of candy but scary masks, make-up, and costumes.

I look at the teen aisle, searching for the perfect couple costume for me and Logan to wear, but teenager costumes can't fit these huge thighs of mine. And Logan is too massive to wear anything smaller than his large frame.

"Hey, Effie, why don't you and Logan be Batman and Catwoman?" Lily held up two costumes.

I stare at the Catwoman costume with the picture of a slim brunette hair lady with the same skin color as Halle Berry, who wore the outfit when she portrayed the character in the movie.

I shook my head. "No, it will reveal my belly."

I'm okay flashing my scars around but revealing so much of it is shameful. I'm still not used to showing them off.

"Well, how about Greek God and Goddess?" Showing another one that magically appeared out of nowhere. "It fits perfectly with a name like yours?

I lift a brow.

"And Logan is like a sexy Adonis. No?" I didn't answer. "Okay, I give up. I need to look for my costume instead of spending every minute looking for yours." I said it with attitude, but I wasn't offended. I understand it's frustrating picking out costumes, but my senses tell me it's not me she is irritated about.

"I just can't think of any," I told her. "Did Clark find anything?"

"Yeah, he and Sam are just going to be the YMCA guys, a fireman, and a policeman."

I pictured Clark and Sam in my head with those costumes, making me blush. "Oh god, they will look hot in those."

"I know, right," Lily squealed. "Even though they are gay, Clark is still cute."

I chuckled.

As I look at each aisle one more time, it always comes to me towards a costume that has been bugging my head. "Hey, Lily," she popped her head from another aisle. "What do you think of Moana? You don't think it's too childish?"

Disney's Moana has become one of my favorites. Not because I'm dating a guy born in Hawaii but because I'm fascinated with the Hawaiian culture. Believe in yourself, or is that with all Disney movies say nowadays? And then there's Lilo and Stitch; I could be Lilo, and Logan is Stitch. Just the thought of him wearing a big blue size onesie, I'll be dying in the afterlife. Logan would look like Sully from Monsters Inc instead.

"What do I think?" Lily took the costume off the rack and held it side by side, looking at us with a smile. "I think it's perfect for you, and since you got a sexy Hawaiian god at your side, Logan would be the perfect Maui with his wavy hair and tattoos. Oh my god! It's perfect."

"I need to get my hair frizzled," I said, looking at my hair. "It's been straight since I was born." I have thin hair like Athena and Ares. We all got it from our mom.

"I bet my dad would love to do your hair."

"Yeah, I'll ask him before the Halloween block party coming soon." I took the costume for both Moana and Maui. "So, what's that you're holding there?"

Lily flinched and hid the bag of costume behind her back. "Nothing."

"That doesn't look nothing," arching a brow.