TWO

"Enjoy your lunch."

I looked up at one of the cafeteria staff as I checked out my tray filled with nothing but a ham and cheese sandwich, water bottle, and apple. Sarah smiled at me, and I ignored her.

I wasn't in the mood to be happy for lunch. Because for me, I'm just going to stuff them in my backpack, place the tray on top of the trash, and head out to the top of the roof.

Not much showing myself eating in a place with most of the whole school where different groups of people stay within that border. You have jocks, cheerleaders, the popular crowd, the geeks, the skaters, the emos, the valedictorian, and there sits the drama club. Now that's the group I wanted to avoid the most.

I didn't want to be tempted by them: I just practiced lines, danced, and sang. Out of all the schools in Long Beach, we have the best singers and visuals, making us the number one best musical performance.

Lion King, Beauty, and the Beast, Peter Pan, anything with songs that create the storyline much more exciting and gives chills to others.

As a kid, I had that feeling of being on the stage, but now I don't linger around it, just waiting for the opportunity to be under the spotlight.

I reached the roof without seeing the fresh, clean air whiff through me, sending my hair dancing. I took a spot to sit and eat alone while listening to my music.

I am closing my eyes and chewing slowly as I nod my head to the rhythms. Suddenly, without thinking, I began to sing.

No one can rewrite the stars
How can you say you'll be mine?
Everything keeps up apart
And I'm not the one you were meant to find
It's not up to you; it's not up to me
When everyone tells us what we can be
How can we rewrite the stars?
Say that the world can be ours
Tonight...

As I sang along, somehow, the music playing through my earphone had an echo. It was Zac Eron, Zendaya, and a third person singing.

Is my earphone acting up again?

It happens sometimes, and I would get fussy over earphones. Skull Candy has the worst quality, but it's cheap to buy. I had iPhone earphones that came with it, but they broke when Paris pushed me down while I untangled the wire. Then, as I tried to grab it, her heel stepped on it. She and her friends continued their walk as they laughed. I had to purchase cheap earphones in a nearby store. I didn't want to ask Athena or Ares to buy me headsets when I knew the same thing would happen to them if I did ask. So I kept my mouth shut and stuck with the lousy quality earphones.

Confused, I pulled one plug out of my ear and looked at it when the voice became more evident, more harmonic, and in sync with the song. Someone's voice is excellent, especially with reasonable control of his singing. It wasn't the song playing through my earphone. It was an actual voice. That when I looked up through my bangs, my eyes grew wide.

Liam Wolfe is singing right in front of me.

I learned of his name once Jordan announced the new students from Hawaii. The twins, Logan and Liam Wolfe. And apparently, my new desk neighbors. Liam had shorter hair and sat on my left, which gave me a handsome smile, knowing he's a people person. With the coat over his shoulders, Logan sat on my right. He defended me from Paris's vicious tongue and lay his head on the desk for the rest of the class period. It means he's just a lay-back guy.

I have them in Jordan's class practically every class, but I also hope they aren't in music class because I have enough of them sitting next to me as if I need the company. The boys in the class are confused while the girls sit in their seats, drooling over the new hula boys from Hawaii. No doubt they are more handsome than most of the boys in school. Throughout the whole three periods, Logan feels asleep. I didn't want to linger around him, knowing his behavior could affect my boring life. If he wanted to sleep, he should have stayed home.