THIRTEEN

Another day, another dreary day.

Leaving the Peters home, gave my thanks to the lovely gay couple and Nicky's breakfast, and said my goodbyes to Lily hoping for another sleepover. I enjoyed hanging out at another girl's home. I'm glad that I will be able to be a part of myself from my past thanks to Lily.

I walked to the bus and sat on the bench waiting for transportation. As I sat, glued to my phone like everyone else when someone took the spot next to me. For me, I would just ignore but I just have to look and saw it was a middle-aged man. Dark skin, dark hair with a hint of grey on the side and he wore clothes that made me feel hotter because of the weather today; cool breeze yet warm.

Back to the screen on my phone looking at open jobs once after graduation who accepts high school diploma students and also a place of my own would be better.

"Excuse me." I looked up at the man who spoke with a European accent as he smiled. "May I ask what time is it?"

I looked down at my phone and told the time. "It's 11:45."

"Thank you," he grins this time I nodded then felt a stare coming off him. He was staring at me as if I got something on my face. I felt a cold chill down my spine, uncomfortable. I scoot myself until there was no more space and laid my eyes back on the black screen of my phone; pretending to look when I know the man is watching me.

The bus arrived and I abruptly got off the bench and was the first to enter once the doors open. I paid my fair and sat in front where the driver and get a good watch over me. As the other passengers entered the bus and paid their ride and took their seats. The man sitting next to me sat two seats behind me. I felt his eyes on the back of my head as the driver closed the conventional doors with everyone on board.

I hugged my handbag, feeling a bit paranoid that some man is looking at me weirdly. The bus driver rode for another block passing my house and I wasn't going down for the man to know where I live. After two, three, four, six until ten blocks, I pressed the button to stop the bus as the driver pulled over. I got out quickly and started to pace my feet. Looking over my shoulder I saw the man walk out of the bus going the same direction as me. I panic picking up the pace until my calves starting to get sore.

Just up ahead I saw a mechanic shop and the garage open for business. I turned going inside and hide behind a car as I pant. Swallowing hard I peek through the car window and saw the man look over here confused and wonder where I have hidden. He gave up after standing there like an idiot and walked away.

I let out exhausting air as if I had run for miles and crouch touch to let the feeling in my stomach go away. Never in my life, I experience that, I'm more of a stay home person and avoid something so terrifying made me regret leaving. But I had to visit Lily and if I were to leave yesterday, at night, walking alone then I would be a goner.

"I should have taken Mr. Peters offer," I mumbled.

Before leave Wayne offered to drive me home but since my house is just a five block away but told him that I'm used to walking home. I'm so stupid to not to take the offer so I would be here in a middle of a mechanic shop full room with cars.

I see no one around only the sound of screeching cries echoing means that the workers are busy to noticed I have entered to hide from an old man following my ass.

Hugging my book bag, I move my feet walking sneakily as if they could hear flats touching the concrete floors when I leave I bet they didn't see me as a customer.

"Aphrodite?" I was almost out until I heard Don's voice behind me. I hissed at myself for getting caught but also from someone so familiar I hate to run right now that he has seen me here. "What are you doing here?"