TWENTY-FOUR

"I think you should go," Odin told me as he flipped through his newspaper for the daily news. "It's a great opportunity to meet a music producer."

I learned of the old madman's name who sat at the table while I was away from my life and Logan in the library.

We've seen each other twice weekly as if I have a schedule with the old geezer. But he wasn't all that bad as we spent more time and talked. I guess he was just any right old person would be. Although, what's up with following me that day?

"You may never know your career by being on Broadway like you wanted."

I also learned that he resides in the Home Care for the elderly, where Athena coincidentally works. He's one of those whose family had put them there to get rid of the nuisance of taking care of the elderly, or he has no family to stay with. I didn't look happy or sad to visit other old people who wanted to die in peace. I see him walking around with a nurse at his side.

I glanced at the male nurse, who didn't seem to be the caregiver type. I mean, for a handsome young guy like him, why does a nurse wear a tux and act like they're going to be an invasion of ET anytime soon?

I get the feeling he's not a nurse.

When the MIB nurse got a hold of my stare, I quickly reverted my eyes to my textbook. I'm getting a hunch feeling I know him from somewhere, but where?

"So, any news of that boy you've been talking to?" Odin asked without lifting his eyes to ask me.

I told him everything. And I mean EVERYTHING from when I first met Logan to the end when I was just a pawn to his delusional relationship we had when I looked like his dead lover. My mouth getting ranting on about him made Odin amused and listen at the same time. He likes to gossip.

"No," I said firmly. Flipping the pages of my notes. "Have not talked to him since our last encounter at the karaoke bar."

"How long has it been since you ignored him?"

"For a while," Too long to be exact, and it's killing me not being with him.

When I know he hates me, the high, dark emo chick uses violence instead of her words.

"Aphrodite," using my full name instead of the given nickname I've been telling him to say. He folded the newspaper and placed it on the table. "Men, they always think down here than up here," he points between his legs and then to his head. "This Logan fellow, if he isn't the one for you. Move on."

I want to but can't.

"I know Logan is some big-time popular guy, and every girl in the school would want to get down on their knees to gain his attention. But, it makes me so mad to think of that night when he was on a double date with older women." I sighed. "I just made a reflex."

"Women are scary, to be honest. But, what you did was wrong and unladylike." He told me his eyes were upset with my behavior, and I felt a hit of guilt-arrow shot through my head. "You showed how jealous you were in front of him and went too cocky. You act like a gangster."

"I know," I said, dipping my head to the ground.

"Give yourself time to think about those actions and talk with him. Let him explain his reason for pursuing you than other girls gawking at him for attention. You're special, and that made him choose you." He said and rose from his chair, grabbing his cane, and the Men in Black nurse rushed to his aid on the left. "I have to return if he isn't the one. Move on. I know a thing or two about soulmates." He flashes me a smile, revealing his white teeth before the guy helps Odin out of the library.

I sew the words from Odin to the heart as a friendly reminder of my actions towards Logan and others. I was beginning to act like Athena and scare off her past boyfriends until no one wanted her. Then Rex came into her life, and she stayed the way she was, and nothing wrong ever happened between them. He loves her for her.

Whereas Logan, I don't think he likes violent chicks who hurt rather than reason. And I blew that cover.

Athena was right; we are exactly like mom.

Odin was right too. I never gave Logan a chance to explain. It just struck me like a ton of bricks when I learned from Mandy and her chap-up lips. I heard the truth from Logan's lips made it worst to hate him.

"Listen, I know it's not my place to lecture you but think about what you have done. If you like this boy, I say go for it. Grab him while you can, or else it will be too late for you. I regretted losing my son, and I don't want to see someone else lose anybody else." Odin is the kind of person who lived how he believed in others; I felt as if he were a ray of shine that only radiated from the best aspects of what he has like he's Mr. Miyagi.

I began packing and went out of the library, saying goodbye to Odin. I pulled the card out outside the building, and my phone dialed the number.

Two rings and a woman's voice answered. "This is Sky Studio Jocelyn speaking. How may I help you?"

Wow, her voice sounds cheerful.

"Hi, my name is Aphrodite-"

"Oh, Miss Reid, we've been expecting your call last week."

"Sorry, been busy with school and...stuff?" I made that sentence a question.

"No worries," Jocelyn said. "Ms. Graham just wanted to ensure you still want the offer and come by the studio."

"Is she there now?"

"Oh, yes, she's in. She is in a meeting but will be finished by 4:30 this afternoon."

"I could swing by at five if that's okay?" Hoping five in the afternoon isn't late for someone who's a music producer and owns her own company.

"Five is great, and I'll put you down for today this afternoon. Hope you see you by then. Goodbye."

"Bye," as I ended the call letting out a big sigh. I looked at the clock on the screen to see it was already fifteen minutes after four. "Shoot, I'm never going to make it to L.A."

While I stand against the library wall, cars and people pass by, and I think of a way to get there. Uber and a taxi are not suitable if I want my life savings down the drain, and I can't ask Athena or Ares because they don't know and would refuse to let me go to Los Angeles alone. Lily could, but she would probably be busy with her after-school clubs.

I thought of another way, but I shook my head frantically like there was a spider on my head. "Hell no! I'm not going to ask them."

Nibbling on my nails, I look at my phone and scroll for the name when the time is wasted. I tapped the name as I found the person I was looking for.