FIFTEEN

"So?"

"So?" I slurped my Pepsi that was running out so. Instead, I made noises then popped a cold french fries into my mouth.

"You didn't want to go."

I eyed Lily while she stares at me. I sighed. "No, and why should I go?"

"Because of it the beach and one of the hotspots for hookups."

My heart clenches.

I laid my head on the floater placing back my drink in the cup holder as I relax on Lily's pool. "Saids who?"

Lily scoffed. "Said the Internet. Aren't you worried?"

"Why should I be? It's his choice." I let my fingers feel the fresh water on this heated day.

California can be bipolar sometimes and since it's almost November I wasn't sure if I stay home cozy watching Netflix movies or wear a two piece white microkini bikini I bought but never wore because my boobs are not large enough, but the bottom has my ass bouncing. But also because of my scars. Only a few are faint, but others were visible so wearing it to the beach was no good. Plus, I had no time to buy new ones, and it's just the two of us; I headed down to Lily's house to chill.

Lily was on her floater wearing a pink strapless bikini wearing shades to block out the sun from her eyes. Before I went to her house, I bought In and Out Burgers and have our own beach/pool party with food and music.

"Didn't your brother invited girls?"

"Yeah, and his friends."

"Women, Effie, girls with mature bodies wearing a more revealing swimsuit, so they have fun at the beach," she implied, I lay there letting the sun roast my skin a little even though I'm already dark from my mom's side.

"Lily," I pushed my Rayban shades down lifting my eyes at her. "I'm not worried. You told me Logan, and I should be friends. If he wanted to have fun with my brother, then I shouldn't stop him."

Lily groaned as if she couldn't stand my reasoning. I wasn't going to act like a jealous bitch, if Logan wants to have fun then let him be.

The doorbell rang. "That's probably the Chinese food I had ordered."

"Damn girl, are you going to eat all day because you didn't want to go to the beach. You are just stuffing your face with desperation because Logan would rather spend time with your brother than you."

I pushed my floater to the steps of the pool, got out and waved my hand at her as if there was a bee around me to make Lily shut up. I wasn't pissed at her or Logan. I was pissed at myself for allowing the one guy who makes my stomach fluttered and hunger for those lips of his. But, Logan is probably having fun at the beach, with my brother, his brothers, and women.

I groaned loudly like I wanted the whole world to hear.

I grabbed and put on my black kimono with colored of gold and red flowers with gold butterflies stitched onto the lower part. As I walked into the house, took my wallet out of my purse counting the money I had enough to pay the delivery guy or girl.

I opened the door without looking up. "Okay here's thirty dollars keep the change."

"Aphrodite?"

I froze.

That voice? It can't be...

I slowly lift my head and became mortified to come face to face with Clark.

My brain cells were screaming that I backed up to shut the door fast but he blocked it with his foot, and he hissed at the pain. "Aphrodite, wait, let's talk."