THIRTY-FIVE

Days go by in my life without any problems at school or home. Paris and her posies all stopped bothering me since I knocked out Mandy. Before, I was ignored by others and became a target by Paris with her tactics of ruining my life even more.

For Heather, whom I have not seen since she supposedly transferred to a more refine school that can cure her mental illness. I heard rumors that before her parents sent her away, she was crying to stay for a boy — my guess's Logan. I was familiar with her name but not her face, but I would have known her in the halls and maybe in one class together.

I was in my emo state and never cared for the world, including the students I had classes with since middle school. Paris was the only person to pay too much for me because she felt like it. We started as best friends, then became frenemies.

Now that all has changed since Logan and his twin brother strolled into a new school with a unique environment that automatically modified the whole school system. I would never have thought I was with Logan, the new kid on the block - Well, my neighbor. My life is changing fast, and it's scary but exciting at the same time.

But I'm not worried at all. I have my family, my boyfriend - his hunky brothers, Clark, and Lily, my new besties. Lily understood me more than Paris. Ever since I got that weird text from her, I asked if she had sent me a text that day. Lily didn't know, not a thing about texting me about a meeting at the old theme park. Liam told me it was a prank from some dumb kids who just wanted to play with our heads. After all, it is the month of Halloween, and I'm excited about it.

Halloween is my favorite holiday being the second under Christmas, but with Halloween, you can dress up whoever you want, and no one will judge you. High school kids still have to dress like a slut or a ghoul. I haven't decided what to be this year, but I wanted to do a couple of things with Logan.

It will probably be like Greek Gods since he's a sexy Adonis, and I have a name of a Goddess.

I smiled, looking in the mirror and getting ready for a new day. Almost done with the day's look, my sister made her entrance by walking into my room.

"I'm going to tell him." She finally announced that she had kept a very dark secret and she had enough of hiding it. These past few weeks were killing her, and she wasn't herself whenever we were at the brothers' residence.

I pulled my hair off a tie, brushed out the knots, and put on my cardigan sweater. "So, you are going to tell Rex about the baby, finally," I said, looking at her through the mirror.

Athena sat on my bed. "Keeping this baby a secret from Rex is eating me, Effie. I wasn't sure if he wanted kids. Would he deny it's his? Are we going to break up? Will he still love me? But the biggest question will he accept this baby, his baby?" She looked down at her flat tummy and rubbed it as if already bloated.

"You keep asking that."

She let out a groan sighed, and lay flat on my bed. "I'm scared, Effie."

I listened as I finished the final touch on my today's outfit. My Jordan Air Max shoes.

"I always want to start a family, but I never expect it to start soon. Rex and I have been dating before I even told you and Ares."

"Oh yeah, it was a big shocker. The boy who became my boyfriend is your boyfriend's brother."

"You don't find it weird that we are dating brothers when we are sisters."

"Logan and I are dating, not married."

"But what if Rex pops the number one question? What if we got married, and it made you and Logan awkward."

"That has been on my mind since then," I told her.