"Pha, acting important, I will check on the other one, check on . . ." Davena's face changed color and she interrupted Claw's prattle. "Claw, we have forgotten to check on Mei!"

"Mei?" Claw asked, puzzled by Davena's sudden remark."We have not, the plan was to check on her later."

"But it's been months!" Davena felt guilty to left Mei so long under the boulder.

"Maybe she is still rabid, we can leave her under a rock a little longer."

"Admit you are too lazy to return for her!" Davena stepped right in front of him and he was forced to look into her eyes.

"Ah, Have I ever mentioned, you have beautiful eyes? Like the sky in the morning lig. . ."

"Shame on you! I am going to pick her up right now!"

"She is not there anymore."

"What?"

"We placed her under that rock, but the surface was not bedrock, just clay. She might have not found out while being in that bloodthirsty state, but I am sure, she have realized it later." Claw placed his hand on Davena's shoulder, speaking in a soothing voice. "She has probably found some fun in that crumbling empire, we should envy her, not rescue her. Come on, there is someone else we should be taking care of and it is not Mei."

Davena snorted and they left the house.

Meanwhile, Laela was walking towards the other house which they intended to chack for drugs, taking swift turns among the crumbling houses of the slums. The town was not big and it took her just a few minutes to arrive at her destination.

"No knocking this time!" Laela mumbled and broke through the wooden door with a kick. It would have been impossible, if the door had been made properly, but the cheap, old work yiealded under her foot immediately.

"Border patrol, stay where you are!" Laela yelled and entered the house. Staring at her, three elves and two goblins stood in the room. When they saw that Laela had no backup, they jumped at her and to Laela's big surprise, they disarmed her in a second.

"Who is this chick?"

"Just drug her and take her to Many's whore house, but we should abandon this hideout just in case."

Laela's struggling did her no good, she was like a puppet in the hands of the two elves holding her. They forced a sip of the green liquid down her throat and her resistance lessened immediately.

"Do not give her too much, I do not want her to turn into a mushroom or something." One of the goblins said, but the elf ignored him, staring at Laela.

"Good girl, you will come with us. She looks good, I might even be the first customer." The elves laughed, as they led Laela out of the house, her army clothes covered with a long coat. They were not used to diligent border patrols, because every reliable soldier had been already hired by the local noble, or trying to achieve great fame in the capital.

"She is not here anymore. Can you track her?" Claw glanced at Davena, who was walking around the room, checking for clues.

"Yep, without problem. It is good they have not killed her immediately, they will probably try to sell her now."

"Aren't zou afraid that they will . ."

"I doubt it, damaged goods is cheaper, but we should hurry anyway." Davena sniffed the air and headed for Many's brothel.

Walking on the street leading to the brothel for the second time, they had already seen the dirty environment of this part of the town. In a region filled with chaos, many were using the service of Many's brothel, as a quick way to enjoy life before its fire burned out. With the involvement of local nobles, these kind of businesses were usually left alone, as long as they were not overdoing it with drugs and murders happening inside its buildings.