The First "Dungeon" Appears

"Sightseeing eh?" Rhaska asked Davena who was standing in front of the dormitory.

"Yeah, I am waiting for someone."

"Where is Claw? I need to speak with him."

"He is inside the school or somewhere around the stables, it should be easy to find him." Davena did not bother to ask why did he want to see him, because almost everything Rhaska did was secret.

"Thanks, see you later." Rhaska waved at her and walked away in the direction of the main building, his steps making no sound at all. He met Claw in a corridor, he was returning from Hanz's office.

"Ha, here you are, turn around and walk right back. We need some quiet place to talk.." Claw did as he was told and they ended up in Hanz's office, throwing the poor Hanz out of his own office.

"Claw, I need to speak with you, how to start." Rhaska tugged his whiskers and scratched his head. "I have found out, you may know things."

"Know things? What is that supposed to mean? Like I am some kind of a sage or what?" Claw did not need long to guess the cause of Rhaska's peculiar behaviour. "Aha, I think I know. The two little birds were talking weren't they?"

"You are pretty close."

"So what have they told you?" Claw was not stupid enough to tell him everything without knowing what Rhaska had already known.

"I have heard this is not your first body, in fact, you was some kind of a spirit at the beginning of your stay in our world."

"An interesting theory and why are you pulling that out now?"

"Because there is a new phenomenon and I want to know how much might you know about it and how much do you keep for yourselve generally." Rhaska was no longer a velvet kitty with a pleasant voice, it was apparent he was displeased by the fact Claw had been hiding information from him.

"I am not hiding anything, I would have told you if you asked."

"Do not play innocent, you have been avoiding the topic intentionally." Rhaska pressed on.

"And you should not be surprised I were. You can hardly imagine the number of fanatics who would go after my throat, it I trumpeted it everywhere! There is no point in arguing, what do you want to know?"

"It seemes the portals reappeared."

"I won't help you with things like that. I tried to think of the way the old ones worked, but it was a pure chaos."

"These ones are different, they are two way portals and they does not seem to connect more places at the same time. You can go in and out without problems and the spaces connected does not seem large."

"If it is so, we have nothing to speak about, it is as simple as it can get."

"There are quite a few of them and we surely have not found them all yet. I want to ask you if you have not encountered a similar occurrence."

"I have encountered several similar phenomenons. If you think about it freely, the only limitation of a world is an absence of paradoxes, contradicting rules and laws, other than that, everything is possible. I am afraid I won't be much of a help regarding this matter. You have to simply observe the rules and search for relations between the objects you see.". Claw smield at Rhaska ". .. and giving you a cliche which will lead you nowhere, you are welcome."

"I see, Anything else you want to add?"

"Not really. There is no point. I traveled many worlds, but there is no universal truth to be found. The initial conditions of every world and its laws define it and every rule is world specific. There are some general rules, but it is information like. .. when you put one apple and one apple together, you get two apples. Nothing to help you."