Wanted!

Janus stretched his body, his bones did not feel quite right. Where had he felt this kind of a feeling before?

Suddenly, one of his fingers crackled and fell off his hand.

"This is impossible!" He remembered the feeling. He did not feel any emotions, but he could not help himself, but to feel frustrated. "It does not make any sense."

Another finger fell of his hand and fell apart upon hitting the stone..

"This is the power of the Great Snake, is it still here?" Janus looked at his coffin, saw the shattered symbol and clicked his tongue, which he no longer had, therefore he just invoked the memory of it and felt awkward.

"The protective seal is broken, I have to make another one." Janus grabbed his dagger and began to scratch symbols onto the surface of the coffin, moving faster with every second.

"I do not understand, how is this possible, I cannot leave the tomb yet." A finger fell off his leg, disintegrating.

"Its power is faint, but it is still strong enough to anihilate me, I have to wait longer." He positioned himself inside the coffin and mobilized all his strength to close it behind him. With the two parts of the roughly scratched seal matching, the seal began to work again and Janus could feel, his body ceased to fall apart.

Gnashing his teeth, he could only wait.

* * * *

Zak sat on a comfortable chair elaborating on his story, when someone opened the door to Le Gull's office. It was a person dressed in common clothes, looking like a simple commoner from the local slums. Walking to Le Gull without a slightest notion of any greeting, the person extended the hand, in which a blue ring could be seen.

The look in Le Gull's eyes changed, as he took the ring and nodded slightly. Without a word, the person left the room, leaving Zak speechless.

"What was that about??"

"I need to go, I will hear your report later." Le Gull walked to the wall of his spacious room and stepped inside of a circle, which had been carved into the floor. Afterwards, he put the ring on and the instant he did, he vanished, leaving behind just the luminous circle on the ground.

A second later, he stood in a big circular room, which was full of teleportation circles, it was the Assembly of High Magisters. Meeting like this were used to discuss important matters involving magic, expecially when connected to Emerald Dawn's security.

The place of the meetings was changing constantly and the rings contained the coordinates.

"What is the matter?" Le Gull asked his old colleague, who stood nearby.

"It appears, some magisters rebelled and stole The Scale."

"You mean The Scale? I thought if was destroyed."

"No it wasn't. They've kept it for research and now, we have a mess to clean up."

Le Gull sighed, the last thing he needed was more trouble.

The Scale was a fabled artefact and even some high magisters did not know of its existence. No one really knew its true origin, but it had extraordinarily powerful transmuting potential and it was said, that there were no limits to its capability to transform one substance into another.Despite of its usefulness, it should have been destroyed due to some unspecified side effects.

Le Gull did not really know much about it, because his standing was not that great and snooping around things like this equaled asking for trouble.