The Dark Future Rising

The esteemed envoy of The Hikaryuuso Empire bearing the name Claw walked deeper into the forest. Ikario told him, the borders of The Vampire Kingdom were the roads between the three towns Centonde, Via Centonde and Fregente. The vampires had already destroyed Via Centonde and Fregente and sent scouts to assemble all the vampires under their banner. They planned to keep Centonde, the biggest of the towns untouched as the source of blood. They feared the smaller would be a bridge to Castello di Montagne or San Galdo which were too populous to deal with easily.

". . .and that is basicaly the situation. Several hundreds of vampires lives in our domain, but even with outsiders joining our ranks every day our numbers will hardly ever reach one thousand."

"Can Centonde sustain so much vampires?" Claw needed to get as much information as he could, his cover could be blown up any moment.

"Surely. One vampire needs in average eight humans in order to preserve cattle's health, but you have to take into account that many vampires do not like human blood, they say pig's blood taste much better, some like cow's blood and . . .you won't believe me, but I even know a vampire who claims goblin's blood is the best." Ikario laughed while shaking his head. "We have so much humans, many more than we need actually. Why do you think there were corpses in Via Centonde? It would be a crime to kill cattle, which is protected by law." Davena looked at them and could not believe their conversation. They were disconnected from human's world so much. During thier stay at Castello di Montagne, she had forgotten who Claw actually was. He had thousand years to distance himself from being human, His behaviour should not have surprised her.

"Honestly, I did not think you would be this helpful Ikario. I have probably gathered all the information I need."

"You can still visit us, it wil be a pleasure."

"You know, the things I have said about. . "

"You lied, I know." Ikario smiled at him.

"How.. . and you still want us in your kingdom? It is strange, it sounds like a trap."

"Let's say I have recognized your strength. Look at things from my perspective. I am a Noble, quite a powerful one to be honest I was in Via Centonde overseeing the extermination. All the nobles gather in The Council of Blood and they are individuals possessing abnormal skills, the most powerfull ones are members of The Circle of Blood with ten members total. I am a member of both organizations. As you are now, at full strength you can kill any vampire, do you know what that means? Just imagine you have a bodyguard able to kill anyone you point at in a world where struggles for power are common. It would be a tremendous advantage."

"Hey Claw, we should get out of here. Do not be stupid, he is wasting our time. This is not our mission." Davena frowned at Claw. Ikario had an urge to kill this little pest which could foil his plans, but seeing how causally she dared to address a creature he would not have dared address this way, he reconsidered. Could he extort him using these two items? No, it was too risky after what had happend last time he tried.

"I have a plan, our global objective is to gain influence in Centonde region and stop any attempts of San Galdo to take roots here. We can achieve this easily with Ikario's help, because vampires rule the city, a perfect solution."

"But the vampires feed on the people there!" Davena was shocked by his idea.

"Mosquitos are feeding on us too and we do not hold a grudge, most of us. Besides, in the process of exterminating the vampires's kingdom we would loose too many lives. More than is the population of Centonde. There is simply no other logical option to complete our mission. We were ordered to think using the big picture, I have just done that." Claw looked sure of himself, this was not one of his whims, he was serious, and to make thinks even better. . .