Chapter 35

Lisa's Pov:

Two days have passed since Sehun returned to Switzerland. However, we made a friendship pledge before he left, and he advised me to return to Jennie right away. Thank goodness, our partnership worked out well.

I'm letting out my ninth sigh of the afternoon. I've been in my car for about two hours, and I'm not sure if it's time to leave. And what if she didn't show up? I'm anxious since I'm not sure what to say when I go to her pad. What am I supposed to say? that I'll reappear in her life? I'm over with Sehun? I'm not sure, ugh.

Aisshh Lisa. You had those documents; you could use them to visit her, and if she wasn't there, you could just leave it on the door, walk home, and come up with another plan.

I'm talking to myself now. It's becoming late; I guess I should leave. I sighed again and massaged my thighs to ease my anxiety.

The rain began to fall as the sky began to scream in the middle of my path. Because I'm simply wearing a short skirt, I feel chilled. Bogue. I truly intended to entice her with an outfit like this, and I don't want to come across as hypocritical.

My nerves were getting worse the closer I got. Is it possible for me to stick to my plan?

I arrived at her flat and found myself unable to leave because my legs would not move. All you were doing was overreacting. I closed my eyes, trying to push away the negativity that had begun to grow inside of me, and picked up the envelope from the back seat before getting out of the car. It's possible for you to succeed. Oh great, I forgot to pack an umbrella.

Just run bitch.

I got myself on the 5th floors as i slowly walks through her door.

As I stood in front of it, my legs began to tremble. I straightened my skirt, let out a long sigh, and then hit the buzzer on the door.

I waited for some minutes; perhaps she isn't here. To get here was a waste of effort. Better head back home. I recall the envelope I was holding, so I'll just slide it inside. I turned around and started to walk. But before I could do it, she suddenly opened the door.

I flinch upon hearing her voice, "Sorry, i took so lo--- Lisa?!"

My heart, for heaven's sake, cease pounding. I believe she hadn't taken a bath yet because she was simply wearing pyjamas and had dishevelled hair. Those cat-like eyes. Those eyes that drown me.

Though I gave her a quick smile, she was still a little taken aback. "Jennie," my voice came out as a whisper. I grasped the hem of my dress. I shuddered from her gaze.

"Lisa"

"Jennie"

"Lisa"

"Uh-uhm, I apologise if my presence has bothered you."

"Oh no no. Don't think that way. I wasn't bothered by you. It was me who needed to apologise for taking so long to open the door for you." Her eyes suddenly show sadness.

What do you think you're doing Lisa? Make a move now damn it. Geez.

"Ah. I have come to provide the analysis report paper to you." As I eye the envelope on the floor in front of her.

She picked it up and scanned it for a while. She flashes me a little smile , "Though I should have gone there to obtain this from you, but thank you anyway."

Frustrated, I bit my lower lip, not sure what to say next. I let out a mental sigh.

"Uhm. I-i should be going now"

She seemed to be looking down, but I'm not sure where, before I turned to face her.

I'm so disappointed in myself, I'm at a loss on what to do.