Chapter 34

Lisa's Pov:

The sun's rays striking my face startled me into wakefulness. I yawned and spread out my arms when I realised I was the only person in bed. Sighing, I casts a sidelong glance but sees no one. He must have left early. I'm confused since this is the first time I've woken up without Sehun by my side.

A week has also passed since Jennie and I last interacted that evening. Thanks to their understanding, I essentially abandoned the engagement party after that. I went straight home after realising that Sehun wasn't there because I was too weak to be there for very long. Rather than search for him, I gave up. He just left me relaxed when he arrived, which is why I was grateful that he didn't question me. 

Though I'm not sure whether I'll be okay without her, I'm still not comfortable with it. Nevertheless, I'm trying to persuade myself that one day I'll be content in his life once more, just like I was before.

After all, this wouldn't have happened if I had simply refused to return here. I was genuinely hating myself for accepting his proposal when he made it, but that's not what worries me right now. Yes, I do think that I love him because he was there for me through everything. He is virtuous and courteous.

As the son of his best friend, my father was the one who requested that he stay with me at that particular moment. Then we met and got to know one other till the day he told my parents he liked me. He should ask for my consent, my parents instructed him. First, I refused to let him. However, he never stops bothering me. I finally acknowledged that I was feeling something, which is why I chose to remain with him in order to find out if my feelings for him were genuine.

He invited me to dinner as the days went by. I assumed that dinner would be straightforward, but as we were getting into the meal, he got up and knelt by me. It stunned me. Though nearly everyone was beaming at us and urging me to give my approval, I couldn't help but notice how happy he was. As a matter of fact, I could care less about them all. If it were just the two of us, I could totally reject him, but I couldn't bring myself to make him look bad, so I had to nod. It was then that I noticed the satisfaction and contentment in his face for the first time.

That night, I let my ignorance rule me, and this is what transpired. I wish to avoid hurting him. He gave it all up for me.

I set it aside as I roll out of bed. In addition, I should be doing more vital things than immersing myself in nonsense.

I put on a shirt and trousers after drying my hair. I have to concentrate on my farm project at Anseong Farmland, and I have to finish it today.

I grabbed my camera and went inside my car.

_____

After a few minutes, I arrived at the Anseong. I took off my sunglasses and scanned the expansive farm, quickly becoming enthralled with the site's innate beauty. I can feel the fresh air inside of me and the vista is stunning.

"I apologise, Ms. Manoban, but it appears that the photographer is not present." My secretary came over to greet me.

I gave her a smile, "It's okay. I was actually the one who assumed his duties. I can take care of that, don't worry"

"I see. So, are you ready to get started?"

"Only a moment. Firstly, I must adjust my lenses."

She gave a nod. I walked inside the car, took out my camera, and settled into the folding camping chair.

It's already becoming hot in the field, as I saw. After clearing away any extra dirt from my DSLR lenses, I attempted to snap a picture. exemplary.

I instructed my secretary to get ready so that we could begin the photo shoot before the sun burned into my skin.