Chapter 28

Jennie sees a threat, Nayeon sees a game, and Jennie might be the one to lose.

In the middle of the highway, gazing straight ahead, Jennie spotted an empty side and parked her car in it eventually. If she hadn't stopped, she'd possibly get into a car crash. She was so in pain that she had to bite her lip to keep herself from crying out, but the tears were inevitable.

"Why does it have to be this way?! God, I don't deserve this!" She screamed inside. Good thing her car windows were tinted, and no one was alarmed by her outburst. She kept punching the steering wheel as tears started to roll down her cheeks once again. She buried her face against the steering wheel as she sobbed hard. 

She nearly slept when her phone buzzed and was placed on the passenger seat. She managed to lift her head a bit and stretch her right arm to pick up the phone without looking at it. 

"Jendeukie, where the hell are you?! I went to your office, but your secretary told me you hurriedly left yet in a drunk state. Are you okay? Where are you?" Jisoo worriedly asked her. 

Jennie sniffed and wiped her tears away. "I'm fine, unnie. I just went somewhere around Daejeon. actually, I'm going home, but since you called, I think I should go there." 

Jisoo, on the other hand, sensed something in her cousin's tone of voice, but she decided to just keep her mouth shut and wait for Jennie to spill it. "I'm here at my penthouse with Rosé. we'll wait for you here, okay?" 

She didn't answer and just drove her way to Jisoo's. 

_____

As Jennie reached Jisoo's penthouse door, it immediately swung open, revealing her cousin's widened eyes and worried face. "Oh my god, Jen, you looked pale. What happened? Let's go inside," she said as she reached for her cousin's arm and gently dragged her inside. 

Rosé also widened her eyes after seeing Jennie's state. Her eyes were puffy and red. She looks really exhausted.

As they sat on the couch, Jennie suddenly burst into tears again. Jisoo wasted no time and hugged her, not minding what had just happened as long as Jennie decided to open up about the reason.

Rosé also sat next to them and handed Jennie some water. She was confused, just like her girlfriend. They just let Jennie cry as the two of them exchanged gazes. 

After an hour of silence, Jennie finally recovered from crying, and her breathing became normal again. She drank the whole glass of water and said, "I met the people who kidnapped Lisa."

Both Jisoo and Rosé covered their mouths as their eyes widened. "Who are they?" They both asked in unison. 

Jennie chuckled tiredly. "You mean the girl?" The two nod their heads. Jennie sighed. "It's Nayeon" and Chaesoo both stood up, shockingly. "What?!!!"

All Jennie could do was nod, and the two females returned to their seats right away. The girl's name echoed around their heads as she spoke it. Who wouldn't? They didn't believe the woman, who they hadn't seen in a while, was plotting something.

"What did she do to you? Is she planning something again?" Jisoo asked, staring deeply into her cousin's eyes. Jennie nodded. She could feel her heart clenched again just by thinking about the decision she made.

Her eyes watered again as she started to tell them everything that just happened. Nayeon's threatened words—the compromise they had made, and especially the iPad that was inside her bag—showed it to the two girls, who were now trembling in fear.