Chapter 15

Phone Ringing..

Jennie entered her car, glancing at her phone, and saw her mother's name, so she promptly answered it.

"Yes mom?"

"Jennie, I have been calling you since earlier." Her mother's words had a troubled tone.

"Sorry mom, I left my phone in my car." Jennie said, as she plugged her phone into the car's Bluetooth.

"How are you and how is the company doing?"

"I'm doing great, mom and the business as well."

Her mother nodded even though her daughter couldn't see it.

"Anyhow, how are the times you've spent with Lili going? Do you find it tough to care for her?"

Jennie chuckled. "Mom, what did you expect from the pampered brat like Lisa?"

Her mum chuckled. She truly did anticipate Lili being treated so lavishly.

Jennie had no idea Mrs. Kim knew everything before assigning her daughter a task. She understood everything by monitoring her daughter and consulting her son, Kim Taehyung. And her niece, Kim Jisoo. She truly intended to combine the two because she knew her daughter would be happy regardless of Jennie's duplicity towards her; but, Mrs. Kim sees in Jennie's gesture that she will not turn down the opportunity to be with Lisa. She even laughs mentally at her daughter when she tries to pretend she doesn't know Lili when she really wants to be with her.

_____

"Mom, your flight is tomorrow, right?" Jennie asked.

"Yes, dear, are you as eager to be with Manoban's daughter?" Mrs. Kim joked half true.

"Why should I feel excited when I've just been given a headache? I don't even know her."

She held her daughter's arm squeezing it lightly. "Just bear with two months honey." Jennie nods.

"Please make it a life time to be with her" Jennie mumbled to herself as her mother turned away, but Mrs. Kim overheard and laughed secretly.

_____

"Mom are you still there?" Mrs. Kim's thoughts were cut off.

"Oh. Of course honey."

"Anyway, see you tomorrow, mum. I'm currently driving here and close to our mansion. we're having dinner talk with Tae. Also, I left Lili with Rosie for a time. she wants to be with her cousin." She informed in a casual tone.

"Okay honey, take care."

And they ended the call.

Maybe it's been a long time, but Mrs Kim will never forget. She gave birth to Jennie in Los Angeles and remained there until she was 12. Mrs. Kim will never forget the three-night vacation they took with the Manoban. Lisa was 8 at the time. Jennie met Lisa. They seldom talk, but Lisa is the type of kid who stays in her room. Despite the fact that they didn't interact much, Jennie remembers her vividly.

_____

She rushed inside their mansion after parking her car in the garage.