Chapter 2

_____

With a glass of Romanée-Conti in hand, Jennie Kim is finding comfort in her Relaxing Foaming Lavender Bubble Bath.

At 10 p.m., after taking a shower in the bathroom, Jennie was getting ready for a nap, wearing only an oversized shirt without a bra and black knickers, when someone knocked on her door.

"Jennie sweetie, are you still up?" Her mother enquired from outside.

"Come inside mom."

"Jennie, I didn't see your brother today. where is he?"

Jennie rolled her eyes at her mother's query. "Most likely everywhere. He's always somewhere, so I dunno."

Mrs. Kim sighed, "We don't even know if he is still our son because he seldom ever returns home."

"Mom, do you know about Tae's romantic history?"

Mrs. Kim nodded her head and smiled at her daughter. "Yes, I am aware of it. And I am aware that he is in a relationship,"

"With a man." Mrs. Kim added.

Jennie glanced back to her mother. "Mom, are you cool with that? I am also aware that he is dating a man. I saw them acting incredibly romantically somewhere in the restaurant."

"That's alright with me. I have no authority to stop him from doing whatever makes him happy. He's matured. In addition, I don't mind that my kids are gay." As her mom is grinning from ear to ear, with teasing look on her face.

Jennie developed shyness. Her gaze dropped. "I'm grateful that you accepted us, mom. And thank you for the unconditional love."

Her mother gave her a tender smile. "I will always be there for you, as will your father. Whatever it is, as long as it brings you both happiness. But, just refrain from acting inappropriately in public."

Jennie laughed wholeheartedly. "No, mom. We won't. I will not."

Mrs. Kim recalls remembering why she was at her daughter's room in the first place.

"Jen can we talk about something?"

"Go ahead mom."

"I'm leaving Seoul for two months with Mrs. Manoban to take care of some business."

She hummed in response signalling her mom to continue.

"I would like you to either watch her daughter, who arrived from overseas last week, or stay at their residence while we were away."

Jennie frowned. "Mom, Does she have another guardian who can take care of her daughter? I don't want to be a babysitter since I already have too much stress from my job at the company. why are you giving me extra headaches?"

Jennie found her mother's words hard to believe. She's already swearing in her head.

"Jen, you know that our relationship with the Manobans is not only as business partners, but also as childhood friends."

"Besides, Lili is not as hardheaded as you're thinking; she's very adorable, and I'm telling you, once you meet her, your worry will definitely wash away." Her mother then caressed her arm, soothing her.

"Lili?" Jennie pondered about where she saw that name.

"She is the Manobans' only treasured daughter and their source of stress relief. Her cousins were also conducting business in various countries, therefore there are no specific relatives who can take care of her." Added by her mom.

"But why did you chose me to look after her daughter when you know how busy I am at work? Why don't they find someone to look after their daughter?"

"Lisa doesn't like having other people around her."

Unknowingly, the mention of the name causes Jennie's heart to speed.

"I am other people as well. so how are you expecting us to get along? And how certain are you that she'll like me?"

Mrs. Kim sighed profoundly at the questioning of her daughter, "Jennie, my darling, I want you to be the one to look after her so that you won't be just focused on work. That way you have someone to cheer you up or chat to when you come home. You have company, at least."

Jennie looked at her mom puzzled in confusion. "You've been close friends with them since childhood, yet I've never met their only daughter. And if you hadn't said it, I'd never have known they had a daughter."

"Do you genuinely don't know, or are you just pretending to?" Mrs. Kim thought.

Mrs. Kim smiled at her, "It is because you are uninterested in your surroundings. You are only silent when meeting with them. You are exclusively engaged in business; you have no interest in anything else. Also, their daughter was born and raised in Los Angeles. She has never been to Seoul before."

"How old is this Lili by the way?" Jennie asked.

"She's 19."

"What?" With wide eyes, Jennie nearly leaped out of bed. She was astounded that she would already be caring for a 19-year-old.

"Jennie, I understand you are puzzled right now. But listen to me. Lisa developed the condition in her early childhood. I'm not quite sure what happened, and I refuse to reveal any more details because I hold such high regard for them. Manobans never revealed the history of her. Part of them regretted indulging Lili too much, which exacerbated her disease and led to her current condition."
Her mother explained to her.

Jennie continues to ponder the phrases that her mother gave her explanations for.

_______

Hello, How are y'all?