Chapter 26

(2 Weeks Later)

The CEO was standing in the triple-glaze window of her private office with a cup of Ballantine's on her right hand, joggling it gently, then taking a small sip. She was trying to dislodge the terrible thoughts and the fear that threatens to engulf her by staring outside the city of Seoul, watching on those ant-like folks that were far from her gaze since her office is located on the 10th floor—or at least she could ignore it for a while. 

Starting from the chaos that happened lately, where Lisa had been kidnapped by those anonymous people, she must've lost any senses; she couldn't concentrate on everything. Her brain was encrusted by the anxious thoughts. 

She was having difficulty thinking about those people's purposes. It was kind of unpredictable for her; principally, redemption is not what they've asked for, and they confuse and anger her. They must be gone; they have to be gone, or at least very far away. Far away from taking her better half to her. 

She got back to her swivel chair and sank herself into it. But then again, her gaze shifted to the window. She took a deep breath and let her throat once again feel the burning sensation of the whisky from her low ball glass, then suddenly slammed it against her desk, causing the alcohol to disperse on the papers. "Damn it!" Her face flushed even pinker but was still sober. 

She shut her eyes, and Lisa's naked body suddenly flashed. She chuckled, shaking her head. "Lisa was really rude. Even in my uncultivated mind, she was naked." She wants her now. She badly wants her baby at this very moment, but she doesn't want Lisa to ditch classes.

She reaches for her phone in the drawer of her table and decides to call her since it's time to be her break time. Her lips stretched into a warm smile when Lisa answered it. 

"Hi, baby. How are you there?"

"I'm better, Nini. How about you? Wait... Are you perhaps drunk? Why are you drinking alcohol? It's still early, and that's bad for your health." Lisa was frowning on the other line.

"I didn't drink, Lili." Jennie lied.

"Don't lie, Jennie. You're not fond of it."

"I just took a few shots, and I'm far from being inebriated. So please don't be mad at Nini," Jennie said, using a cute voice. Trying to calm her grumpy baby.

Lisa scoffed. "Fine, but don't do it next ti-"

"I want you now." Jennie cuts her off with a smirk.

Lisa blushed. "There you are again. You habitually talk about that kind of stuff when we're on a phone call."

Lisa's words made Jennie laughed. "Don't make me laugh, Lili. Maybe it was just a coincidence?"

"Oh shut up nini. Don't coincidence-coincidence me there."

"Oh crap Hahahahahaha. Okay baby, i can wait for the night."

"Ew"

"Did-did i just heard you uttered a 'ew', huh Lisa?"

"No no nini. I didn't say anything, did i?" Lisa was grinning.

"Uh-haaa. Prepare yourself later, Kid. I won't let you sleep 'til daybreak, you'll see."