Chapter 27

Jennie arrived at the said hotel around Daejeon. "Whoever this person is, the place really suits them. It looks like a hideout for some drug addicts." She glowered before getting out of the car and entering the hotel without minding the guards. 

In the midst of her journey towards the elevator, a middle-aged man approached her, preventing her from walking by grabbing her wrist, which made her startled. She turned around to face the man behind her and pulled her wrist harshly against the man's hold. "Who the fuck are you?!" 

The said man bowed down. "I'm sorry, miss, but my boss sent me here to bring you to where she is. Come and follow me." She just rolled her eyes while crossing her arms and followed the man to where he was leading her. "So it's really a girl?" She thought.

They reached the 8th floor. Jennie furrowed her brows as she scanned the whole floor; there was only one room in here. Maybe the said boss owned this place. They stopped right in front of where the two men were standing at each side of the door. "We're here, maam," said the man who led her here as he swiped the key card for her to enter inside. 

She drew a deep breath without letting the men behind her know. There was no way she would let them see and feel how her nervousness increased.

Once she entered the room, silence enveloped her whole being. The whole place seemed to be asleep; there was no trace of the said boss. She walks into the middle, and every step she takes is so light that she makes no sound at all. She's a little afraid and nervous, yet she still comes. "Where the fuck is that bitch?" She muttered under her breath, tapping her impatiently. 

At first, she thought the place was so small and cheap, but now she could say that the room was huge and didn't almost look like a hotel room at all. She could say that this hotel was one of the most luxurious in the whole city of Daejeon. It was too perfect for her to look like a real kidnapper. The said boss was indeed so rich that even money and power didn't really please her.

Minutes later, she felt a figure hugging her chin while resting against her shoulder. "Hi, hun." The imbodied voice of the girl caught her attention. Suddenly, all the thoughts that'd been bugging her had been erased from her mind, and she gawped on her stand, frozen by the figure behind her. Her ears pulsed with her heartbeat. 

She almost toppled as she took a large step backwards and faced the girl from her nightmare. Her eyes and her mouth were frozen wide open in an expression of stunned shock. 

"Na-na-nayeon? How-how come? Why?"

That's how Jennie felt now, unable to speak properly as she tried to remember how to breathe. She was totally stunned.

Nayeon smirks and stretches her arms wide. "Yes, it's me, hun. Did you miss me? Of course you do. Now give me a comeback hug." As she took a step forward, But before she could wrap her arms around her, her face received a big slap from Jennie's trembling hands, whose faces flashed with so much indignation and anger. "How dare you! Don't come near me!"

Nayeon touched her now-red left cheek, but she just laughed it off like it was nothing but a slap. "That hurts, hun."

"You deserved that. How did you do that, Nayeon? Tell me, how did you set it up?" Jennie shouted with so much anger. 

Nayeon shifted her gaze from Jennie's glare, which was slowly tearing her heart apart. She laughed. They are now metres away from each other. She pointed her index finger at the side of her head as if she were thinking, but grinned from ear to ear as she jabbed into the air. 

"Hmm. With the use of my complexity for intelligence? Or maybe I just have a great mind. You know me so well, Jen; I'm capable of Everything. And everything that I want, I cannot rest in peace if I don't get to have it." She's really pissing her off.