Chapter 6

Jennie's Pov:

I think I can call this my second home as I'll be here for a few months. I am the CEO of the largest firm; how come I now have a sideline job as a babysitter? Gosh Jennie Kim what did you put yourself into?

I still can't believe I'll be staying here to watch after the girl next to my room. I have to make a fresh adjustment now. I have to strike a balance between the corporation and this girl here.

My thoughts ran to our age difference. I'm confident I can look after her, but does she even realize emotions exist? A romantic sense of emotion? What Jisoo and Rosé said came to pass? that she'll make me fall in love. What repercussions will there be?

Why am I even considering this at this point? It's not like it will actually happen. Perhaps I'm just as infatuated as the other girls I've met. Perhaps this won't get very deep. It is absurd. She is of legal age but still. I just can't help but to feel something for her. Just my kind of thing. Good woman, only daughter, constantly at home, and very cute.

Looking at the clock, I noticed that it was already midnight, precisely twelve. Do I really believe that long a possibility? It is fortunate that I have tomorrow off from work. There was a knock on the door, interrupting my thoughts. Who would knock at this hour? Everybody must be asleep by now, I thought. To my surprise, Lisa was there when I opened the door. Why isn't this child asleep yet?

"My name is Lalisa Manoban, can i sleep here jennie unnie?" She asked, glancing down at her foot while carrying a doll on each arm. I would love to, it's so cute.

I smiled and reached for her hands. "Sure, i don't mind." I lead her to the bed.

"Why can't you sleep baby?" I asked brushing her hair with my hand.

"I'm scared." She moved closer to me as she answered in her adorable voice. Perhaps she wants me to cuddle her?

Oh my god, her doll is really terrifying. Its stare seems to be devouring my soul. What if this moves while we're asleep?

She rests her head on my chest as I embrace her tightly. She smells like a peach. Baby powder wafts from her.

Her embrace provides comfort, making me feel as though all of my fatigue has vanished. This was quite soothing to me. All I want is to remain this way for as long as possible.

She raised her head to look into my eyes. We are only an inch apart from each other's faces. My heart skips a beat. Fuck. your luscious, thick lips, baby. I'd want to eat those. That's not food to chew on, Jen, you moron. But what if I actually do it? Is it going to be wrong?

"Please stay with me, Daddy. Please, don't go from me. As soon as I wake up in the morning, I want you to be here in this bed." Her voice cracked as she said. She's crying, oh no. Hold on! Did she just call me daddy? Lord, please intervene before I kiss her. She's too bold.

Wiping away her tears, I clasped her cheeks with both hands. "Sweetheart, I won't go anywhere. Even if you don't ask me to, I'll always remain by your side." I comforted her. I give her a forehead kiss. As we fell asleep, we cuddled.

_____

Author's Pov:

Jennie woke up the following morning due to a mild facial block from the sun. With a moan, she sensed that two arms were around her. She grinned as she remembered last night.

"Good morning Lili." She pressed a kiss to her hair. Lisa groaned as she gently opened one eye causing Jennie to giggle. She continue to brush her hair as she lean on the headboard of the bed.

"Wake up sleepy head."

_____

"Good morning guys." Jennie and Lisa arrived at the breakfast table, Rosé and Jisoo's eyes grew wide when they saw Lisa clutching to Jennie's arm.

"Good morning too to the two of you. Jen, you seem to be getting enough sleep.you no longer look stressed." Jisoo teased while rosé is smirking.

"Oh shut up."

"Did Lili spend the night in your room?" Rosé asked.

"How did you know?"

"Perhaps you forgot that I went by Lisa's room first before going to mine. And just as I was about to wake her up, I noticed that the door was open and she wasn't there." Rosé blurted smirking while preparing for Lisa's milk.

"Daddy eat beside me" Lisa suddenly interrupted them.

"You know your father isn't here, Lili, so why are you calling him?" Rosé questioned incoherently. Lili then approaches Jennie and gives her a cheek kiss.

"My daddy is here." Lisa replied with a smile, causing Jisoo and Rosè to widen their eyes. Jennie on the other hand, had scarlet red on both of her cheeks.

"Did she just?" Rosé exclaimed covering her mouth.

"Oh no jen what did you do to her last night? don't tell me..." With a sly smile, Jisoo murmured a playful joke to her. Upon understanding what her cousin meant, Jennie's eyes widened. "Yah pervert!"

They were all staring at Lisa as she drank her milk quickly and continuously. Raising her glass, "I'm finished!" Then run to her playground.

"Where is she going?" Jennie asked, stood up from her seat and was about to follow Lisa.

"Fear not, she will just head to her play area. That's her morning routine every day." Rosé stated while savouring her meal. Jennie took a seat back and sighed.

After a few moments, The door bell rang.

"Who could that be?" Jisoo asked.

"It must be Jungkook." Rosé replied heading towards where the latter is.

________

👀