Chapter 4

(At the Manoban's Mansion)

Lalisa spent the entire day crying uncontrollably as she thought about her unicorn plush

"Lili, darling, may I enter?" Lisa's room door was knocked on by Rosé.

"Just enter unnie.." Lisa said in a low soft voice.

Upon entering the room, Rosé carried a large panda bear on her back. "I have something for you Lili."

Lisa looked in her direction and motioned for her unnie to lie down beside her. Rosé grinned broadly at her cousin's endearing gesture.

"Here you go." She gave her cousin a bear hug and a forehead kiss while handling the large panda bear.

"Thank you unnie!" Lisa replied, kissing her unnie's cheek with her sparkling eyes as she sat up.

"How are you Lisa?" Asking to feel if she still had a fever, Rosé palmed her forehead.

"Fine." As she buried her face at the crook of rosé's neck. They cuddled a few minutes before someone knocked on the door.

"Baby? Rosé?" Mrs. Manoban turned the knob and entered the room.

"We're here auntie."

Glancing at her daughter who was now snuggling the panda bear, Mrs. Manoban questioned. "How is she chae?"

"She's fine now auntie."

"Have you already told her?"

"Not yet, aunt, but after she calms down completely, I will inform her." Rosé smiled patting Lisa's hair with her fingers.

"Alright, I'm going now. Take care."

"Take care as well auntie."

After giving her daughter a quick kiss on the forehead, Mrs. Manoban turned to leave.

Rosé turned to face her quiet cousin who was happily playing with her Barbie dolls. "Baby girl can we talk for a while?" Rosé blurted out after sometime. Lisa grinned and turned to face Rosé. "Yeah~"

"Has your mother mentioned to you that she will be leaving Seoul for two months?" Lisa only nodded before returning her focus to her barbs. With a sigh, Rosé leaned in closer to Lisa.

"You have to behave well, baby, even though I can't come at night." With her back to Lisa, Rosé spoke. Lisa spun around and gave her typical childlike nod.

"But, there will be someone who goes with you at night: the daughter of your parents' business partner." She added.

"No bad person?" Lisa asked, sadness is written all over her face.

"Oh no! No, sweetheart! No bad person can ever come too close to you." Rosé seemed alarmed while witnessing Lisa about to cry.

"Who is this person?" Lisa asked, scowling. Patting her head, Rosé giggled.

"Jennie is her name. Kim Jennie. Later on, she will be here."

_____

On the other hand, Jennie and her brother Kim Taehyung were talking about key business matters.

"It is imperative that we discuss this new investment." The younger girl approached her brother and placed the paper in front of his face.

"After you've given it some thought, let me know so we can talk further.

Kim Taehyung, seated atop her desk, sighed in boredom.

"Taehyung for Pete's sake are you even listening to me?!" Jennie lost patience with her brother's bullshit and snapped, stroking her temple.

"You're such a workaholic, Gosh!" Taking the document, Taehyung rushed out of the office.

"Gaydamnit!"

There was a phone call for her. She didn't look at the caller as she answered the phone. 

"Jennie Ruby Jane!" Irene excitedly yelled into the phone.

"Can't you shout, Joohyun? The fuck? What do you want?"

"Come to my resort right no--"

"Damn it irene I'm working."

"The girl you nearly laid last month is here, and some really big booty gals were searching for you." Irene shut her smirking.

"I have no time about those whore joohyun. So please work stuff shit don't add up more."

Jennie ended the call without waiting for Irene to respond.

She rubbed her forehead, feeling overly agitated by everyone. "Here goes nothing but a headache."

She got out of her chair and walked to her office's mini bar to get a glass of wine.

Her mind instantly went to the conversation they had in seulgi's bar with rosé and the group the previous time.

"Yes, exactly. The unicorn plush that I kept belonged to Lili. I should return it to her later." She muttered, vaguely eager. but is unsure of the cause of her feelings. Perhaps because she would see her later, or perhaps because she was the one who found the plushie.

_______