Chapter 20

Jennie's Pov:

After hearing rosé's story, I realized that I'd been inconsiderate my entire life, allowing the girl I love the most to suffer from that condition. It hurts me to realize that I had numerous opportunities to get close to her at the time, but I allowed my timidity to get the best of me. I am so useless. If I had known, I could have helped her develop positive coping methods during her stressful times. I could have been there to defend her and encourage her ideals and life objectives. To assist her in managing tough emotions and developing a more positive relationship with herself. I was cowardly back then. But I don't think it matters anymore. I am here now. I will do anything to keep her safe. I wiped my tears and returned to our room.

My angel is sleeping peacefully, lying flat on our bed. She's so cute. I bet she's weary of playing. Hays this girl. I swear to never leave her side, no matter what happens. I'll do everything I haven't done before, including protecting her, making her feel cherished, and making her the happiest person possible.

I'll shower her with all my affection. I grinned and lay beside her, kissing the back of her head.

"Nini?" Oh, she is awake. I gave her a gummy smile and stepped closer to her, admiring her face.

"My Lili" So beautiful.

"I'm here baby, go back to sleep now." I draped an arm around her shoulder and drew her closer, softly massaging her arm. We both fell asleep.

_____

When I woke up, the sun was almost down. I'm no longer surprised at Lili's unexpected disappearance alongside me. I take a bath and then go downstairs, only to find my friends preparing their beverages. What a bunch of drunkards.

"Hey, Jen. Let's drink!" Joy, who was almost tipsy early in the evening, offered me a Cass Light beer. I waved my hand, indicating no. I looked around, but no Lisa.

"Where's Lisa?" I asked them furrowing my brows.

"Probably outside again. You really have to tie that kid up. I just told her not to go outdoors since she needed to eat her food, but she said no. She simply let what I said pass through her ear and bang! She vanished in the blink of an eye." I heard rosé mentioned, so I looked at her, seeing her cooking but asphyxiated by her stubborn cousin. I laughed and shook my head. Lisa.. Lisa..

I reached out to locate her. I cast my eyes about, but I don't see her. Where is she? There are many of adults and children playing here.

Oh, she is in the distant. I hurriedly approached her as I drew closer, I observed she was making a sand castle with.. Wait, what?! With a three-year-old girl? I covered my lips, fighting the urge to burst into laughter.

I stepped in front of her and beckoned her. She titled her head up and gave me a grin.

"That's enough, let's get you to change your clothes."

She said good bye to a three-year-old girl, and I grabbed her waist as i escorted her back to the beach house to change into dry clothing.

"Lisa, where have you been?" Rosé chastised her cousin, who was now staring at the floor, frightened to make eye contact with her unhappy unnie.

"Sit next to me and begin eating right now."

"But unnie, nini said I should change my clothing first."

Rosé raised her brows. "Why, Lisa? You're more terrified of your daddy?"

She said sarcastically. Lisa shook her head then pouted. "EAT NOW!"

Lisa instantly grabbed a seat and began munching her meal. I giggled at the sight, and Rosé winked at me. I sat near her.

"Daddy, i need water." Lili said rubbing her throat. I was about to give her a water, but seulgi handed her a beer. "Here." I slapped seulgi's hand, glaring at her but she laughed it off.