Ch.37: Feeling Better?

Začít od začátku

"Easy there. You're not supposed to move much." I licked my lips, and fixed my hair. He grunted and was about to speak when a shriek scared the both of us. I stood up quickly as did Jacob. He winced at the action and I checked him over, hovering my hands over his shirtless torso. "You okay?" he nodded.

"Yeah. That sounded like my sister. Chelle! Chelle, you okay?!" he winced as he walked towards the stairs. Rachelle then ran down and I stepped aside, she stood wide eyed on the last step.

"I got a letter from Rebecca!" she shouted in glee. Jacob groaned and if this was a cartoon I would have face palmed myself.

"Idiot! You scared the crap out of us." 'Especially me.' I thought to myself. I guess I was a little uneasy since my talk with Edward.

"Well! Rebecca said she might come over." She smiled, but then it fell. "But she's also mad because we never visit her." Jacob made a face, holding his midsection.

"No duh! She only lives so damn far away! Why'd she have to move all the way over there and get married?" Jacob asked sarcastically.

"Where does she live?" I asked him, Rachelle answered instead.

"She lives in Hawaii and I want to go see my nephews!" She whined and that gave me an idea.

"Why don't we go?" she looked at me like I was stupid.

"Yeah, hang on let me tap into my endless amount of money. She took out her purse and opened it. "Poof! What do you know, no cash." Jacob glared.

"I could pay. I mean, it's only four of us." I told him.

"Really?!" she shouted happily. I nodded and Jacob put his arm around me, bringing me closer to him so he could whisper into my ear.

"Violet, it's four round tickets and it's expensive." I pulled back.

"I know. Edward offered me two tickets anywhere I want." he looked at me, skeptically. "I told you he wasn't that bad." I smiled sadly. "Besides, I have a bit of extra cash from my summer job." Well, they were jobs I had taken in the summer. 107 years of summers does that to you, you have plenty of cash.

"Gosh! What summer job did you take up, mafia biz?" she asked sarcastically.

"Want them or not?" I asked, laughing. She nodded her head.

"I'll go tell dad the news!" She got her keys. "Oh wait... Paul..." she sighed. She looked at me as if asking if I could spare another ticket, I was about to nod when Jacob shut my mouth and held my head still.

"That's enough Chelle! Choose! Hawaii or Paul! Personally, I'd choose Hawaii since I have no idea what you see in stupid Paul" she stuck her tongue out.

"I could ask her the same thing about you." she said, leaving to her car. He looked at me and flipped off Rachelle again, I was pink in the cheeks. I wanted to take them all with me just in case Theodore tracked my scent down here. I would feel horrible if that killer got to Rachelle and Billy. If anything happened to them on my behalf, I don't know what I'd do. Jacob looked at me.

"You're... Something else you know that. Like my very own genie or something." I smiled.

"Well then master, what will your second wish be?" I said, head held high, hands crossed as I tried to imitate a genie. He smirked.

"Well...." his hands traveled from my shoulders, to my waist and roaming everywhere. He eyed me suggestively and I groaned.

"Jacob! You'll get hurt!" I pulled away.

"Aw! Come on!" I shook my head in the negative and he pouted. "You can be on top!" I looked at him as he continued his whining while I gave him a look that clearly said it wasn't funny. I grabbed my phone from my pocket. And wrote a text message-