Ch.37: Feeling Better?

Start from the beginning

"What's the matter?" I asked, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. He cleared his throat.

"Maybe you and Jacob should go on a little trip." Edward told me, looking at the window. I looked up and Jacob was looking out the window. I saw him wince when he turned suddenly when I spotted him. He shut the curtain and I sighed. He would ask me about this later. "WE-I'm willing to pay for both your tickets. Go anywhere." he seemed to think about it for a second. "Anywhere except Italy, that is." I had a sarcastic smile on my face.

"What for, what's with the sudden generosity?" I asked him. He looked away. I suddenly remembered something. "You're starting the arrangements for the wedding, aren't you?" he looked at me and nodded, his eyes still far away. "Why else?" I demanded, and he did not answer. "Edward! Why else?" I spoke up, Carlisle looked at me from the car.

"Alice had a vision." he stopped to take a deep breath, swallowing audibly. "Theodore's going to return...and he's looking for you." I wrapped my arms around myself, stuttering now as I spoke.

"A-are y-you sure?" I asked him and he nodded. "W-why?" he shrugged. I remembered his words from before. 'See you around princess. And I mean it my love, I'll see you sooner than you think. Wait and see, I will have you soon. The era of courtship is dead anyways.' I closed my eyes breathing in deeply. "When?" I asked him.

"Alice isn't sure. He keeps changing his mind. He's not sure how to go about it, whether to just come of his own will, wait until there's an actual reason for him to come to the states or to ask Aro for permission. He may be strong, but he'd be a fool to try and take on the royal guard." I nodded. "You should leave as soon as possible."

"A-and the wedding?" I asked him, he smiled.

"Alice has that under control. You just need to be here at least the day before. You are after all the maid of honor. Which by the way Alice is fussing over, but she understands that you as my sister have to be at my side." he smiled at me and I did too, but it went away just as soon. "Besides, Bella asked to have Jacob as the best man. She'll ask him over the phone."

"The phone? Really?" I raised an eye brown, hands on my hips.

"I don't trust how that conversation might turn out with that boy's temper." I glared at him, turning around and lifting my hand as a goodbye to him.

"Whatever." okay, so I could have handled that better, but he just said my boyfriend, the love of my life, my soul mate, my cantante, had no self-control. "Bye, Edward. I'll talk to Jake about it." I closed the door and heard the car leave. Just like I had said, Jacob appeared on the sofa and patted the other cushion. I sat next to him.

"What was...that about?" I smiled at him and just shook my head in the negative.

"Nothing...he was...just glad you're okay and...he was actually worried." I smiled. "He's not that bad you know?" he grimaced and I kissed his cheek. We just sit there, watching television when Rachelle walks in, spotting me and Jacob on the couch.

"Oh! What are you doing down here?!" she shouted, hands on her hips.

"Don't worry Rachelle, he got the ok from my dad. He's okay now." Jacob looked smug at her and she stuck out her tongue at him.

"Brat." Jacob lifted his hand, giving her the bird. I grabbed his finger. "DO that again, watch me break that, too."

"Come on you two." I complain and Jacob pouts, I gave him a kiss in the cheek and I'm about to kiss his lips, when Jacob moans, but in agitation. He looked behind me at Rachelle.

"You mind?" he asked her, annoyed. She merely scoffed before looking at the mail and opening some. Jacob turned to look at me, grinning before kissing my lips. He lifted his hand gently and slowly to my cheek and kissed me. Leaning slightly into me, his tongue sneaked out of his mouth, gliding across my bottom lip before biting onto it.