I

January 8th
9:12 pm
San Diego, California

~ Omniscient ~

"Nori, I said bed time!" Robyn yelled, looking down at her 1 year old daughter

Nori looked up blankly before randomly sticking out her tongue. Robyn shook her head, picking up the small baby and making her way towards the long flight of stairs. It was only after 9:00, but Robyn always tried her best to get Nori in bed before 10:00. Anything later than that would only cause conflict and possible danger that her daughter didn't need to be in.

"Down!" Nori yelled, shaking her head as she fought to get out of Robyn's arms. Robyn ignored her, constantly adjusting the baby with each step she took.

"You know it's bed time." Robyn spoke in a calm tone, laying Nori down in her crib that sat in her baby room. Nori crossed her arms, sitting down on the floor of the crib. Robyn gave an amused smile, the attitude was nothing new.

"You get your attitude right from your daddy...little mean ass." Robyn mumbled the last part, knowing if she spoke too loud, Nori would start saying 'ass' wherever they went. She was smart like that, repeating every single word she heard.

"Out." Nori said, pointing towards her room door. Robyn raised an eyebrow, shaking Nori's bottle one more time before dabbing some on the inside of her wrist, making sure it wasn't too hot.

"Watch it." Robyn pointed at Nori while handing her her bottle. Nori reached up anxiously, snatching the bottle from her mom before lazily laying down. Robyn reached down to brush her wild curls with her hand, admiring her beautiful creation. Though she was the spitting image of her father, she was gorgeous nonethless.

"Can mommy get a night night before I leave?" Nori sat for a minute, staring up at Robyn with her big bright eyes. She kept her bottle in her mouth as she shook her head no, turning the other way to look away from Robyn. Robyn rolled her eyes and flicked on the little night lamp.

She leaned down as far as she could, giving Nori a small kiss on the cheek before leaving out the room. Nori didn't wake up in the middle of the night, but there were times where she crawled out of her crib and knocked things down. So Robyn kept the baby monitor in there just in case.

Nori Amari Brown, to only be 1, she was definitely Maurice's everything. From her face to her personality, it was all him. In the beginning, it was at times hard for Robyn to face her own daughter due to every little thing reminding her of Maurice.

It didn't help when she began to get postpartum depression, finding herself neglecting Nori. It wasn't on purpose, she just couldn't help it. But after a while of accepting the fact Maurice was really gone, she managed to work on herself as a person and a mother.