LVII

October 11th
3:21 am
Milton Massachusetts

~ Omniscient ~

"I know you're sleepy, I'm sorry

"I know you're sleepy, I'm sorry." Robyn whispered, rubbing Nori's back as she screamed and cried. She rocked side to side in attempts to calm her daughter down, but nothing was really working and Robyn understood why. She was abruptly woken up really early in the morning, and one thing Nori needed was her sleep or she would be cranky the whole day.

Maurice glanced towards them as he walked outside with him and Robyn's bags. They were staying in Hawaii for only a week, but possibly longer if needed which was why they overpacked in case it was necessary. It was too early for Nori to be screaming like this, so he let Robyn handle that because he didn't have the patience. He didn't know why he booked for everything to be so early in the morning, nor did he know why he decided to fuck Robyn a couple hours prior knowing that they had to be up early. But he did and was now regretting it.

"Robyn get her to be quiet, forreal." Maurice spoke low, pulling his hoodie over his head. Rolling her eyes, Robyn picked up Nori's pacifier and popped it in her mouth along with her small teddy bear and blanket. She pulled Nori into her a little more as she grabbed her phone to walk outside since Maurice already grabbed her purse and anything else she needed.

"Make sure Marie or Don are at the place for when we drop her off please." Robyn mumbled while strapping Nori into her car seat. Maurice said nothing, stepping into the car himself and turning up the heat. They were getting later into the fall and the weather was dropping each and every day. Especially in the mornings, it was chilly.

Robyn finished up with Nori before walking over to the passenger side. She stepped in carefully, taking in the new car smell since this car was purchased by Maurice recently. She didn't know why he made it a point to continuously by more and more, but he had an obsession that probably would never go away as long as he had the money.

"How do you have an attitude when you're the one who chose this time..." Robyn looked over at Maurice who drove with a tightened grip and clenched jaw. He said nothing, ignoring her words so that he didn't say anything disrespectful. He wasn't about to be fighting with her at 3 in the morning while their daughter was in the car, but Robyn wasn't looking for a fight. She was genuinely wondering because the attitude was uncalled for.

The car ride was silent, but Robyn could see that something was off with Maurice. She knew whatever was going through his head was more than the fact it was just early in the morning, he seemed overly angry and a little uncomfortable. Taking a deep breath to control herself from saying anything rude to him, she turned to look outside of her own window. Watching as the few other cars on the road went out of view just as fast as they came from Maurice's reckless driving down the highway.