LIII

September 18th
6:54 pm
Milton, Massachusetts

~ Omniscient ~

"Where the hell are your pants?" Maurice spoke first once Robyn entered his office in the house

"Where the hell are your pants?" Maurice spoke first once Robyn entered his office in the house. She rolled her eyes, not in the mood to be questioned after having to fight with Nori for half an hour with no help from Maurice.

"Why the hell are you questioning me." Maurice eyed her but nodded, saying nothing else as he put his attention back on the blunt he was rolling. Bringing it up to his mouth, he wet the wrapping paper with his tongue to seal it closed. Robyn pulled out the seat directly across from him, moving her black hair from out of her face. Maurice was finally
noticing the weave she put back in, liking the shaved side look.

"So you gon start talking or should I?" Robyn tapped her bottom lip with her tongue, wetting her lipstick a little bit to make it easier to glide her lips together.

"I mean you've already started talking, so the smart answer would be-."

"I'm either gon fuck that attitude out of you, or you gon fix it. Ain't even been in here for 5 minutes and you getting on my last nerves, shut the hell up." Maurice mumbled, leaning back in his seat with his newly lit blunt. Robyn sat a little bit taken back, hearing him knock her off of of her high horse for the first time in almost 2 weeks. Crossing her arms and her legs, she leaned forward as Maurice exhaled the smoke that filled his cheeks.

"Almost 4 years in with a baby now and we're still having these conversations." Robyn bitterly chuckled, shaking her head.

"I mean, we done came a long way in them 4 years. Overcame a good bit of hurdles and shit and now we here. Things obviously ain't working out, but we've never brought our issues and laid them all out on the table. I ain't one to be doing this shit, but we ain't throwing this shit down the drain. Not after I took 4 years to be serious with your ass-."

"Maurice in those 4 years you were never serious about me though..." Robyn trailed off, glancing up at him from the small doodle she was making on the little sticky note she seen on his desk.

"The first time we were ever together, after that first time we fucked, it was only you for a couple weeks until it wasn't. You broke shit off with me the day after I fucked around on you, and during then we wasn't exclusively together, it was just sex. Then your birthday happened and we got back good for a little bit till I messed up and went to Desi. That wasn't on purpose though, I ain't step out on you for my own selfish shit in that instance. Broke up with me again, got back with me a couple weeks later. Then we had a good stretch till Aubrey. I cheated on you like twice during that time but that's it. Meaning, I was serious. Any other bitch I've 'been with,' I fucked around on them everyday."