XVI

February 20th
10:57 pm
Milton, Massachusetts

~ Omniscient ~

"My best birthday present

"My best birthday present." Robyn smiled, looking over at Nori who crawled around in Maurice's large bed.

"Dada!" Nori yelled, seeing Maurice enter the room. He opened his mouth wide with his arms extended just like Nori's as he picked her up from off the bed. He gave her a small kiss on her cheek before attempting to hand her over to Robyn, but all she did was scream and kick, indicating she didn't want to go.

"Damn, she don't even fuck with you no more." Maurice snickered, pulling Nori back into him. Robyn smacked her lips while rolling her eyes, ultimately fed up with how the past 3 days went. The day after getting Nori back, Maurice and Robyn spent a whole day trying to familiarize her with her father. She knew who he was because of the pictures, so it wasn't all that hard.

But by the second day of her being home, she was all up under Maurice. Robyn assumed it was just because he was a new face and Nori would divide the time by day 3. Except day 3 hit and now Nori was acting like her mom didn't even exist. If it wasn't Maurice, she didn't want to be bothered with them.

"She's so fake, acting like I wasn't her bestie for the past year." Maurice chuckled, sliding into the bed right next to Robyn. He adjusted Nori on his lap so that she sat facing both of them as the two stared at her.

"Ain't she supposed to be sleep?" Robyn nodded while reaching over to grab the warm bottle from off of the night stand. She handed it over to Maurice, knowing that if she even attempted to feed Nori, it would've been pure chaos.

"Yes she is supposed to be sleep, but she refused to get her bottle and go to sleep without seeing you first. Which means, you'll have to feed her because she won't let me." Maurice hesitantly looked over at Robyn with the bottle awkwardly in his hand still. Nori anxiously bounced in his lap, seeing the bottle.

"I never fed-."

"It's easy. Nori knows how to hold her bottle now, but since you're here I know she's gonna act like she can't do nothing. So first, cradle her close to you..." Robyn whispered, reaching over to help Maurice. Nori didn't put up any fight, laying down with her eyes right on Maurice as his were on hers. "...then just pop it in her mouth and hold it at an angle for her."

Maurice slowly followed Robyn's instructions, a little nervous because he didn't want to choke or hurt her. But as time passed and as Nori began to fall asleep, he was given the reassurance that he was doing what he was supposed to be doing.

"Do I have to burp her? She's sleeping." Maurice pulled the bottle away from Nori's mouth, handing it over to Robyn who placed it back on the night stand. She reached out, softly grabbing Nori from Maurice's arms to lay her on her chest.