XLV

August 1st
12:33 pm
Canton, Massachusetts

~ Omniscient ~

"I ain't know what to pick up so I just cleaned the damn shelves

"I ain't know what to pick up so I just cleaned the damn shelves. Drink the PediaSure shit first, then eat the food I picked up...and you better finish it all cause I'm really bout ready to bash your head into a wall right about now." Maurice handed Tey the two bags he held in his hands, walking past her to give Robyn a small kiss on the cheek afterwards.

"I'm not hungry-."

"You gon make fuck you up I swear to-."

"Maurice, stop it." Robyn warned, pulling her legs up to cross over each other. Maurice clenched his fists while sitting down across from Robyn and Tey, feeling himself begin to get worked up.

This is how things have been for a month since the incident happened. Tey would barely eat, sleep, or do much of anything due the the state of depression she fell in from Blade's condition. He was still alive, fighting for his life everyday, but he had to be placed on life support by the second week of him being in the hospital. None of them seen him except Maurice who just wanted to make sure they were at least treating Blade correctly in there. The doctor's continuously urged Tey to just pull the plug, but she refused to do it.

"She walking 'round here refusing to do shit as if she not pregnant. Cool you hurt, everyone feel the shit but you gon be selfish and completely disregard the fact you carrying a baby? A piece of him?" Maurice spoke directly to Tey, ignoring Robyn's protests to tell him to stop talking but he been meaning to say something for the longest. He tried to spare her feelings because he knew she was going through it, but she was getting too careless for his liking now.

"I'm sorry, I just- I know I'm being selfish, I'm sorry." Tey spoke quietly, scrambling to open the bags that Maurice brought for her. From the way she lowered her head in defeat, Maurice began to feel bad. She was going through it, though she stayed at Robyn's house, Maurice was over there almost every night. Most of the time, Tey would go in first and just cry which they would hear no matter how quiet she tried to be.

Tey wasn't the sensitive, vulnerable, or emotional type which everyone knew. But that was only because Blade tamed her a lot and he was her main source of happiness along with all of their friends. Their relationship was a lot more on the hush than that of Maurice and Robyn, or even Don and Marie. Nobody really knew how deep the connection was that they shared because they weren't the type to be all sappy in front of everyone. They did what they did in private, it was easier to fuel a partnership and clear understanding.

"You don't have to apologize." Robyn whispered, leaning forward and using the pads of her thumbs to wipe under Tey's eyes. She gave her best friend a small kiss on the cheek, telling her she'll be there for her whenever she needs her.