XX

March 18th
8:54 pm
Canton, Massachusetts

~ Omniscient ~

"Nori, tell your mommy to stop being a meanie." Tey spoke in a baby voice, looking down at Nori who wasn't paying her any mind. Her attention stayed on the TV in Robyn's room where a random Disney show played.

"Tey can you help me?! I didn't call you over here for no reason." Robyn snapped, rushing around the room. Tey rolled her eyes while placing Nori to the side of her, sitting her up in the middle of the bed.

"You still haven't even told me what you're doing. Like why am I even here?" Robyn paused for a minute, a small devious smile spreading on her face. She knew Tey would be all for this little plan she had which is exactly why she called her.

"Well, Nori's father asked me on a date the last time he was-."

"Bitch are you fucking kidding me?! You're seriously going on a date with him?!" Tey yelled, making Nori jump a little bit. Robyn shot Tey a look, silently telling her to calm down before Nori ended up crying.

"I'm not going on a date with him, but I am getting ready and I need you to help me. I texted him yesterday, basically asking what I should wear and how formal he wanted to do this. He told me semi-formal, but more like him coming in jeans and me coming in a little dress or something. So, I have to get dressed." Tey stood with a blank face, not understanding where exactly Robyn was going with any of this.

"Wait but if you're going out with me, why are you following his dress code?" Robyn turned around, staring at her reflection through the mirror.

"You'll figure that out later, it's too much to explain right now. But should I do curls or straight?" Robyn asked, untying her scarf to allow her light brown hair to fall. Tey walked up closer to Robyn, running her hands through the sew in to get a good image.

"I say straight, but I'm assuming you're about to do some petty shit so what's his favorite hairstyle on you?" Robyn thought for a minute. His uptime favorite was definitely her short, natural clothes. But when she wore her weave, he never really made it exactly clear what he liked and what he didn't like.

"I know he mentioned curls to me before and how he likes the long curls because he gets a better grip when pulling it or something like that. It was some weird shit, but I'll do straight at the top, light curls at the bottom." Robyn's voice declined as she began to envision it, running her hand through the mess that sat on top of her head.

"...I know you be going crazy without his dick." Robyn whipped her head around to look at Tey who was laying outfits onto the bed.

"I'll have you know, I'm very fine without it. It would be different if I was addicted but-."

"You are, you just try to act like you aren't because you don't want to be looking stupid for him. That's also why you're doing everything you're doing right now, you don't want to look dumb. But honestly Robs...if you ever did decide to go back to him then I don't think it makes you dumb. But you know that's just me, everyone else has their opinions and many others are more logical than me. So do what you feel is right." Tey shrugged, allowing whatever popped in her head to flow from her mouth.

Robyn stared at her friend's reflection through the mirror, feeling a little tense but also feeling comfort from her words. But Robyn couldn't be faced with the embarrassment of being with Maurice again, he always did something and it always ended up putting them in a bad space. He could say he was sorry all he wanted, ask her on as many dates as he wanted, but it would never change the fact he was still going to do what he wanted to do.