XXXIX

June 12th
11:56 am
Canton, Massachusetts

~ Omniscient ~

Peeling off her clothes, Robyn stared at her reflection through the mirror

Peeling off her clothes, Robyn stared at her reflection through the mirror. She had heavy insecurities, but there were times where she would just look in the mirror and actually admire herself. She wasn't the most beautiful girl walking planet Earth, but she was definitely something serious and she slowly but surely began to realize that.

She analyzed her entire figure, from her caramel skin, to the damp curls that fell from her head. She took a small sigh, turning her back towards the mirror to cut her shower on. She tried to push the anxious feelings she felt to the back of her mind, but she couldn't. Her eyes raised to look at the little clock in the bathroom, the time reading 12:00. That meant she had about 17 minutes until Maurice put whatever plan he had to action. She already placed Nori down for her nap, so that was one less thing to worry about.

Stepping into the shower, Robyn stood under the water for a couple seconds. She always took showers at 12:00 on Sunday's, usually staying in for about 30 minutes to an hour. She didn't know why, it was just a habit that she picked up and years later she did the same thing. She was so consumed in her own thoughts and how good the water beads felt on her back, that she was barely listening out for any sounds in the house.

Specifically the sound of Maurice entering her house quietly through the front door. He knew she was in the shower because he knew her routine, and he originally planned on going through the upstairs bathroom window. But just in case it was locked, he chose to use the front door that he had a key to.

He wasn't necessarily sneaking in, more like making his life easier. He gripped his beretta in his right hand, giving it a soft kiss before tucking it in between the couch cushions. He made sure it wasn't visible at all for when he used it later.

Standing straight, he listened out to the shower. From the lack of screaming and banging, he knew Nori was sleeping, just like he instructed Robyn to do. Poking the inside of his cheek with his tongue, Maurice unzipped his jacket, shaking it off of his shoulders as he started on his way upstairs. He followed that with his shirt, pulling it off and dropping it down on the steps carelessly.

Running his tongue over his lips, he looked up at the clock that sat right outside of the bathroom. 12:07. He had exactly 10 minutes to go and do what he needed to do, or at least start on what he needed to do.

Twisting the knob slowly, he pushed the door open with his right hand as his left hand fiddled with his belt. He knew Robyn heard nothing because her humming never stopped, even when he shut the door back. She had a large all glass shower, but her back was turned towards the door, and steam coated the walls of it anyways.