XIII

February 18th
12:18 am
The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco

~ Omniscient ~

"Please go away

"Please go away." Robyn groaned, hearing a loud knock on her hotel room door for what felt like the 10th time.

Lazily, she pulled her body up out of the bed once she realized the person wasn't getting the hint. Grabbing her robe to cover her basically naked body, she slowly made her way towards the door. Usually, she wouldn't go to answer something in a public place because Maurice had told her not to do that multiple times. But because the person was so persistent, she was curious now.

"Didn't I tell your ass don't be opening doors in the middle of the night unless I'm there?" Maurice pushed his way inside the room after admonishing Robyn. She let out a loud yawn while scratching the side of her head and closing the door behind Maurice. She was too tired to argue back with him, especially because it looked like he was wide awake which meant he could do this all night.

"Why are you hear?" She asked with a groggily voice, seeing Maurice kicking off his shoes and crawling into her bed. Robyn was right behind him, getting comfortable right next to him. She really didn't want him in her bed nor did she want their bodies in arms reach since the kiss in the elevator, but it was impossible to get him to do something when his mind was set out on doing another thing.

"Well for 1, Tia was working my last nerve so I had to get away from her...but the other reason is because I wanted to know a little more about the baby. Later on today, imma be meeting her for the first time and I don't want to be confused and shit. I already don't know what the hell to do, I ain't ever raised no kid before." Robyn looked up at Maurice, his face a little red in embarrassment. He was being vulnerable for the first time since they reunited, and Robyn found it so precious.

"Are you nervous?" Maurice looked down at Robyn before pulling her body into him. She hesitantly rested her head on his chest in comfort, feeling more relaxed than before laying with him. She threw her left leg over his legs, her arms wrapped around his neck lazily. When they were together, this was one of Robyn's favorite non-sexual positions to be in with him.

"I mean shit, yeah I guess. I keep thinking bout what if I fuck up, or what if she don't like me, or what if I fail my duties as a father and someone gets to her, or what if-."

"Maurice calm down because you're stressing yourself out about nothing. You're not going to fuck up, but you're also not going to know everything on Day 1 and that's understandable which is why I'm here. In terms of her not liking you, trust me when I say she likes you a lot more than she likes me and all she seen were pictures." A wide grin spread across Maurice's face at the reassurance, knowing already Nori was probably a daddy's girl.